MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been looking at the new model f4 and a couple of thoughts came to me regarding the following

black mudgaurd
dark colour of wheels
classic red/silver panels scheme
no hugger
1000s style fork bottoms
non adjustable foot pegs ect

all this tells me that this the start of the whole
1000s
then the
1000r
then the
1000 312r
then the
312 10??rr
has anyone else came to that thought

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I thought the wheels would eventually change from black to polish aluminum. But it occurs to me MV could make a lot more money if they offerred those things as customization parts through their dealers (like Harley).

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
I think it is a play to bring in their accesories catalog into the light. Base bikes with tons of add-ons to customize the customers idea of how the bike should be.

I think they'll have a base model and and a race model (for the street)

That way... if a customer can't afford the race version, they can purchase a base model, then later add on from the accesories catalog to their liking

I may be wrong, but it does look like a marketing strategy.... I also think that the new bike will be quite less in price due to the obvious "lower-level" parts.
I like the bike and think it is a good strategy!!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I noticed that the Sachs suspension looks revamped.

I think I'm going to buy this. I know they are going to make faster versions down the road but that's to be expected.

Again, I won't sell my '05 but I will likely get one.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I've just been looking at the new model f4 and a couple of thoughts came to me regarding the following

black mudgaurd
dark colour of wheels
classic red/silver panels scheme
no hugger
1000s style fork bottoms
non adjustable foot pegs ect

all this tells me that this the start of the whole
1000s
then the
1000r
then the
1000 312r
then the
312 10??rr
has anyone else came to that thought
Of course; that's the marketing ploy. Nothing against it. Think of what development potential there is in that engine, and remember MV said the 312R engine had reached its limit with 183 hp...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Of course; that's the marketing ploy. Nothing against it. Think of what development potential there is in that engine, and remember MV said the 312R engine had reached its limit with 183 hp...
I know mate I love my 1000s so I'll see what happens be nice to have them sat next to eachother
let's the mv passion wagon get rolling an let's see what happens

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I love my 1000S too, it would take something a bit special for me to part with it now for a newer bike.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I remember the first time I saw the F4, of course I didn't own one then, but I just couldn't stop thinking about it, I dreamed about it and how it would feel to own it, I just had to have one (or two)!
So im trying to work out that if I didn't own one now, and Ive just seen the new version, would I feel the same about it as I did then? I do know though that I would not be happy not having the s in the shed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts