MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to change the oil in my brutale 675. Anyone know how much oil I will need to buy for this job?

·
Registered
639 Posts
May I suggest a quick look in the manual section on this forum?

You'll find all info you need, supplied by Donsy :yo:

Good luck ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
May I suggest a quick look in the manual section on this forum?

You'll find all info you need, supplied by Donsy :yo:

Good luck ;)
Unless I'm reading the wrong part of the manual, it just says to replace the oil filter with an official MV Agusta oil filter...

is there a K&N Alternate? I would like to just buy one online and not drive to the dealer.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I get my oil filters online from Design Corse, one is due today & I'm doing the oil change on Saturday. Email Design Corse for filter details maybe. If it has the iD on the package coming I will let you know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would love to look at the manual, I'm just having trouble finding it on here. The manual I got with the bike doesn't give any information on servicing the bike.:shitfan:

·
Registered
357 Posts
The filters on the 675 and 800 are an internal enclosed unit that requires you to remove a 3 bolt plate to access the filter. Too my knowledge k&n doesn't have one. They might those as I haven't looked into it too much

·
Registered
639 Posts
I would love to look at the manual, I'm just having trouble finding it on here. The manual I got with the bike doesn't give any information on servicing the bike.:shitfan:
You can take a look at Donsy's website, he's the "Manual Guru"

http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/manuals.php

If you send Design Corse an e-mail, I'm sure they have plenty of oil filter brands available.

Haven't done an oil change on my Dragster myself as the first service was "on the house"

Good luck !

·
Registered
483 Posts
Look in the spec section of the manual and it will tell you what the oil capacity is. There is always a section that shows oil capacity, coolant capacity, brake fluid, etc.

Edit:I just noticed all the ones for the 675 other than the owners manual are in Italian...good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is I right to assume that the f3 manual would be the same for a oil change as the brutale 675, since its the same engine.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Is I right to assume that the f3 manual would be the same for a oil change as the brutale 675, since its the same engine.
Yes

·
Registered
5 Posts
B3 Rider, did you find the source of the noise that you were experiencing after the service on your 675? If so, what was it? or you just live with it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just finished performing my first oil/filter change on my MV…What a challenge! The grand finale was putting the oil filter back, balancing it on a coil and the cover while fastening the screws back on. I hope the filter connected correctly.

Oil changes are a tad easier on my BMW GS.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I did my oil change a few months ago. Nearly botched the drain plug head as some 800 pound gorilla must have installed it at the factory. Also, there's no way I was going to loosen the oil cooler lines to drain the cooler. I could just see that being the source of a new leak.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts