MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was offered $500 off but then needed to pay 395 prep and freight. Anyone doing any better on these?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Cigarlvr said:
I was offered $500 off but then needed to pay 395 prep and freight. Anyone doing any better on these?
I know Renaissance in Tucson, AZ does not charge for prep so you may get a bit off the total price there - but I'm sure other dealers could match that if the deal counted on it.

Scottsdale has a no frieght or prep special but I don't know if that will apply to the R.

I think if you can wait two or three months for some bikes to hit the showroom you'll be able to get something but you won't get too much with the first batches are arriving.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Cigarlvr said:
Mine was MSRP, including freight and prep. And that's with also buying a 910R AND ordering 2 Ducatis (1098S and Desmosedici)! Allan is right... they are "fresh off the ship". Prices may drop slightly in a few months, but I think they'll reserve the deeper drops for previous models.

·
Registered
593 Posts
deals and discounts and MV dont go in the same sentance (when considering the latest model)

I'd take 500 off. Tell them to throw in a shirt, a free suspension adjustment (yes some charge bs I know), and maybe half off the 600 mi service.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Why do you start a relationship with your local or closest dealer? Owning a premium product should go hand in hand with premium support and service. Support the guy that you will ultimately want to support you should things go wrong.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
mvagustascottsdale said:
Why do you start a relationship with your local or closest dealer? Owning a premium product should go hand in hand with premium support and service. Support the guy that you will ultimately want to support you should things go wrong.

I agree a million percent! I wish more people understood the real value of a good relationship with their dealer and MV USA as advocates for their own personal cause should the need arise.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I completely agree, build that relationship with your dealer, and don't beat them up to death on a price and "freebies" when you buy your bike. There are other things that are important in the ownership experience that go beyond "a deal" .They are in the business to make money and they can't be there when you need service, parts, or any other support if they are barely making any profit by lowballing them and expecting always freebies...remember...these are not TOYOTA COROLLAS at the mega gigantic auto store....

·
Registered
337 Posts
b42day said:
Here we go again..."ATTENTION WAL-MART SHOPPERS....MV's AT A DISCOUNT ON AISLE 11".....
u must be the person that every dealer (car, motorcycle, etc) waits for...the one who pays full price + for everything....THAT'S IT!

everything is negotiable!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
No I am not, but I do place a value on quality of service and understand that it is not all just about price...can you understand that?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dang I thought it was a simple question

I am buying 2 1000R and a 910 and was looking for a few bucks off

·
Registered
170 Posts
That's funny, guy asks a simple questions and everybody is lecturing him on how to build relationship with the dealer.

Negotiations are just that, and honestly most dealers make more money on service than they do in sales. I sometimes bought vehicles at a different dealer and got treated extremely well by the service department at the original dealer. They are not one, they are still 2 separate things at the end of the day.

MV or Bentley or Chevy you should still negotiate and get your best deal. Why leave money on the table for no reason?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Buying three bikes should get you $$$ off. Best bet is to call around and see what dealers will offer for a 3 bike bonanza especially towards month end (if they need to meet their quotas).

You know, what's probably going to happen is they won't discount anything off the Rs but will discount the 910 heavily. Best to find a dealer who wants to move their Brutales. In the end, it should work out the same. Just my $.02.

BTW, what state are you in?

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Buying three bikes should get you $$$ off.
I bought/ordered 4 and was very pleased to be offered free freight and prep. My dealer actually NEVER budges on new model MV pricing. I have generally allowed my salesperson to determine pricing, and have never been disappointed with the numbers OR the subsequent excellent service. If it were not an appropriate price, I would walk away.

I've begun a quality relationship with my dealer, so leaving a few hundred $$ of gravy "on the table" is a small pittance for the mutual respect built by not "stripping the bone". I'll buy my own apparel and pay for my own service intervals. And... you can bet it will pay off muliple-fold when an "exception" situation comes along.

MVs are a premium product, and NEW models should command strong pricing structures. Harley and BMW dealers generally sell nearly ALL their inventory at MSRP.

Most dealers will discount previous models and left-over stock. If a discount is important, Cagiva is actually making dealers take some older '05/'06 models left in the warehouse to get the new '07s. I've thought about grabbing an '06 F4S and a Mamba kit!

BTW... I've negotiated HARD for years on cars, etc. One salesman actually cried... no bawled... in the manager's office. But... I was just playing THEIR game.

MVs aren't Fords...ante up, I say. That said... pay what you're comfortable with for what you want or walk away.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
WYD OPN said:
BTW... I've negotiated HARD for years on cars, etc. One salesman actually cried... no bawled... in the manager's office. But... I was just playing THEIR game.
Sorry to go off topic but last year I helped my mother get a Volvo. When the numbers weren't working out and we were about to leave, the sale man threw his writing pad down, started to cry and say, "Oh, the manager's going to send me home."

We felt sorry for him (he reminded me of Gil from the Simpsons) and we continued to negotiate. We only got an okay price.

It would have been funny if it weren't so pathetic. He doesn't work there anymore.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I can't believe dealers take fierce haggling that seriously, or personally. They are after all able to draw the line at where they see fit. It's not like you're forcing them to make a loss. Subscribing to the preimum product/premium price philosophy is simply letting yourself get hood-winked by marketing talk. They're certainly never shy when it comes to playing hardball when you've got a trade-in.

My local dealer treats me perfectly, and I've never bought a bike from them. They're currently fixing many hundreds of pounds of damage to my MV caused by the split battery, that while responsible, they're probably not legally liable to do. In the last six years I've probably paid them about £4000 in servicing and spares costs, which they make a heck of a lot more profit on that than they do a new bike sale.

Perhaps it's a different industry in the US than it is in the UK. I've never met a dealer who's looked upon the owner of a bike bought elsewhere any different than if he'd sold it himself. And I've never bought a bike from a dealer who's expected me to do all my subsequent dealings for servicing and parts from them afterwards.

Perhaps it's a wider cultural issue, but the UK simply doesn't seem to foster a loyalty ethic in any avenue of retail. (Except supermarkets offering discounts, etc. but that's a monetary encouragement, rather than a relationship ethic.)

I wouldn't feel obligated or guilty about getting anything at a discount if I can. It's capitalism after all, and why pay more money than the dealer's willing to take? He knows his bottom line, if he crosses it and his kids starve then he's a poor businessman. And ethically, it makes no difference whether we're talking Gixxers or MVs when it comes to building a relationship with the dealer. Forget the premium brand nonsense! He's hooked you in the wallet and reeling it in!

Unfortunately for me, I'm pretty crap at haggling and salesmen are generally able to walk all over me anyway!! :)

Si

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
WYD OPN are you dealing with MCC in the city or do you have another dealer. I have not liked the treatment at MCC when I went in to ask about the 1000R.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I went to my local MV dealer today and asked if they had any deals gong on for the 1000 S because the Rs are coming out. They quoted me MSRP for the S and I was shocked. They didn't seem to care much about moving any MVs (they don't have any on the floor right now.) I just went on MCC's website (MCC in IL is the next closest dealer) to see if they had a price on the R and I noticed that MSRP is only US 23K. That is only 1K more than my dealer quoted me for an '06 S!! The MCC site also said that they had one in stock. Now I've never dealt with the people at MCC and I love my local dealer but this may be too good to pass up. I'll keep everyone informed.

BTW, has anyone ever dealt with the people at MV Scottsdale? I'm moving back down there in a few months and am wondering if I should just wait to deal with them.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts