MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all....it looks like a single piece, but then how do I get the new one over the outer rim? Heat it? Or is it two pieces? If it’s two pieces, I stripped the s** out of it already.

Anyone ever replaced one of these?

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
I'd suggest near boiling hot soapy water to heat the rubber up to make it more malleable.
I do have a spare aluminium peg that the rubber slides off and what you're up against can be seen in the picture below. The shaft is 10 mm in diameter and the end is 14 mm in diameter.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,834 Posts
Same thing as shift lever and kick starter rubbers on all bikes going back as long as I have been involved (the late 60's if you must know).

If there was no outer large diameter edge the rubber would just fall off under use. I have used hot water sometimes, but usually just used brake clean or even hair spray as a lubricant that dries, and a rubber mallet..!!

Yamaha used to sell a tire mounting lubricant that dried into a glue. That is good stuff for the job. I suppose it is still available, but my 20 year old spray can is still going, so I haven't looked.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd suggest near boiling hot soapy water to heat the rubber up to make it more malleable.
Great pic...so it is solid.

OK, thanks everyone. We will be boiling some soapy water next time the wife isn't looking!

·
Registered
14,209 Posts
?

Toe pegs.....
3 on the Brutale, 3 on the F4......I carry a spare
Extras and broken ones....I'll make a fixture and weld them back together
They always break in exactly the same place

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts