MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about the Fast by Ferracci chip for an 04 750 Brutale, and wondering if anyone has tried it. Mileage change? Power?

Thanks,
Adrian

·
Registered
30 Posts
Adrian206 said:
I'm thinking about the Fast by Ferracci chip for an 04 750 Brutale, and wondering if anyone has tried it. Mileage change? Power?

Thanks,
Adrian
Good timing for this question, I just picked my '04 Brutale up Saturday 12/16 from FBF after having that Eprom, filter and midpipe done. I was going to do the PowerCommander but they recommended the Eprom. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet but they did before and after dyno runs. It pulled 108hp stock, then 116 with the mods :) I also picked up 4 ft-lbs. According to the chart, the difference starts to show at around 7k rpm with the big difference showing up a little before 10k rpm. No clue yet about throttle response or mileage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eprom chip installation

I was thinking of trying one of these also. I am very new to riding and have an 04 750 Brutale is this something I could install myself? and if so is it a challenge or pretty simple?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE epram

Cool, I'd love to hear details when you for an opinion on the mods. I didn't buy the bike to get mileage bit it would be cool to get a few more miles out of a tank, an added power....well duh....

·
Registered
30 Posts
OK, I've had a chance to put a tank of gas through it and I got about 2 mpg more with the new Eprom than I usually do (25 vs 23). Not a huge change, but useful.
As for power and throttle response, yup, there's some more ponies there :) The front wheel surprised me a couple of times by going a little lighter than usual and it pulls a bit harder from about 8k rpm. The power delivery is smooth though, I didn't notice any dips or surges.
One thing I was hoping for was to smooth out some of the jerkiness when rolling on the throttle from closed. This hasn't improved but I don't think it got any worse. Looking forward to getting it on the track to see how it is when really pushed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts