MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scraped my shoe the other day going around a bend near my house. Holy shit. I've scraped my pegs on other bikes, my R6 and Superhawk, but damn, I didn't know it was so easy on the Brute. I wasn't even trying to, I just cranked her over (didn't even hang off the bike, just leaned her over!), and now I have a small road rash on the side sole of my sneaker. Over she went, and bout scared the piss outta me cause on my other bikes, you had to try to crank them over, the Brute just dug into the turn and went....f'in sweet.

Hmm....rearsets? I could forsee this being an issue in the future :laughing: Anybody else?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Never scraped my pegs with the F4.

·
Registered
312 Posts
the brutale has a never ending ground clearance
congrats on the scraping ;)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
If you are scraping pegs, you need to adjust your body position...and if you are that far over on the street, you are really close to running out of tire also. You are riding on the edge of disaster!

Try to have someone take your picture while cornering. You'll probably learn alot from those picts.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
I think the main problem is the sneakers.... you should try sandals instead...:flickoff: :stir: :laughing: sorry, couldn't resist. You can kick my :moon: if we ever meet up for a ride.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The area is a higly controlled area, very low traffic and awesome pavement quality.

It was a one time thing. Like I said, I've never scraped them before, even on turns much more demanding. But I was holding an extremely tight line, and just cranked her over and it scraped slightly. My peg didn't touch, but my shoe did....close enough.

I don't ride TOO aggressively, and that turn I was only going about 30-34MPH...so it wasn't even really anything considerable, it was just a little shocking....

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Body position. The fact that you were not hanging off is what caused the scraping. The more you shift the center of gravity, the less you need to lean the bike to hold your line.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Chime in time. I've really made an effort to get my feet in the proper "ball of the foot" position. Before, when I would set the peg under my arch, it was easy to scrape the tip of my sz 11 boot hanging down. Now, when I'm positioned more correctly, there's no chance of anything scraping. However, you really aren't being clear. What scraped, the metal peg or your tennis shoe (giant difference).

Also, and unrelated really, I'm having trouble falling off the right peg. As much as 5-6 times in a 200 mile Sunday ride in the twisites. I'm afraid it wll happen in a critical turn or my foot will fall under the rear wheel or something. I've already sharpened the end points on the pegs and that has helped. I may dig or drill out some holes in my SIDIs, up near the ball of my foot because that's when it happens. No way I could put heavy pressure on it or dare to stand up. I think someone else was having trouble like this in Japan???? Maybe it's due the the tailpipe heat guard at the heal. I may take that guy off.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes the standard footpegs feel like their coated in oil some times, very slippy. I have replaced mine with Sato rearsets. They have a very sharp knurl.......no problems with these at all.

·
Registered
180 Posts
HHester said:
Chime in time. I've really made an effort to get my feet in the proper "ball of the foot" position. Before, when I would set the peg under my arch, it was easy to scrape the tip of my sz 11 boot hanging down. Now, when I'm positioned more correctly, there's no chance of anything scraping. However, you really aren't being clear. What scraped, the metal peg or your tennis shoe (giant difference).

I agree, easy to scrape your foot if not getting it out of the way, but scraping the pegs on these things. Is it possible?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was my shoe that scraped....funny thing is, there's STILL a little bit of chicken strip in the back...somehow. I never even came close to leaning that far over, as I do hang off most of the time, but I just found it really neat how FAR OVER and planted it felt with as little effort as I gave...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts