MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not up on their site yet, but Martin Motorsports just took a very nice one on consignment. The thing is perfect - $21,500 or something close to that and about 10k mi methinks. Owned by a very meticulous enthusiast who has a couple of other bikes in on consignment and were all but perfect.

I don't really know the market for these, but that didn't seem like an outrageous price for what it is. Presumably, it will be up early next week - or call them.

https://www.martinmoto.com/default.asp?page=inventory&condition=pre-owned&pg=1&sortby=Year|asc

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me thinks it is a bit high
Could be I guess but this thing looked brand new to me close up. A little wear on the seat but otherwise perfect.
I think the Senna is a beautiful bike, but the fatal flaw for me is that Senna, although renowned, was not a motorcycle guy. And not Italian.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
If it is in top condition it might be worth the price but the few that have sold recently were well under that price.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Could be I guess but this thing looked brand new to me close up. A little wear on the seat but otherwise perfect.
I think the Senna is a beautiful bike, but the fatal flaw for me is that Senna, although renowned, was not a motorcycle guy. And not Italian.
One sold with ~600 miles for around 16k on eBay a few months ago and another with around 5k miles for 10k or less in IL.

Senna loved riding and had quite a collection. And if it really matters to you, Senna was an Italian citizen. His mother, Neide was of Italian descent, through which he applied for dual citizenship.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One sold with ~600 miles for around 16k on eBay a few months ago and another with around 5k miles for 10k or less in IL.

Senna loved riding and had quite a collection. And if it really matters to you, Senna was an Italian citizen. His mother, Neide was of Italian descent, through which he applied for dual citizenship.
Well. OK then. Now you have me waiting for the Chuck Yeager F4.

Senna was Brazilian. Even you can't spin that.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Lol, no spinning. Just pointing out he had Italian citizenship. If LH44 gets a MotoGP ride will the LH44's get your approval? :)

I'd say 10-15k for the 1000 Sennas are what they're fetching nowadays.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I simply fail to see the logic in naming a motorcycle after a non-motorcyclist. It's my opinion only, you don't have to share it, that's fine.

·
Registered
429 Posts
US market is softer for MV than it is in Europe. The market for limited production models is very limited and usually is super picky.

I wasn’t born to early enough to see Fangio compete but I did witness Senna. Senna is a legend! As for this limited model’s raison d’exister:

Per Wikipedia- The F4 750 Senna was also released in 2002. MV CEO, Claudio Castiglioni, was a close personal friend of Ayrton Senna and introduced this special to help the Instituto Ayrton Senna, a charity founded by Senna to aid the children and young people of Brazil. Production was limited to 300 machines.

Sounds like it was created for all the right reasons. This just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd say 10-15k for the 1000 Sennas are what they're fetching nowadays.
On a different note, just seems to me that the pricing you're noting is kind of shocking. But I guess that's the state of the sportbike market these days. Judging from your list, you would seem to know MV's a lot better than I - what were they new?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I too was going to weigh in with the Lewis Hamilton dedication and also the Mika Häkkinen for that matter. Whilst they are both champions in their own right, for me they provide no relationship to the motorcycling world and therefore no incentive to buy their namesake bike. (Here, I concede that I am an avid Hamilton follower)

I was aware of the Senna foundation and that particular bike being of assistance to the foundation, BUT, my view is that if MV was truly dedicated to that cause, make a donation rather than a marketing exercise out of it.

Back to the post's purpose though, it IS a great looking bike and in UK terms a good price and one I would consider if it were here.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
i would like lewis hamilton to be executed. Simple as that.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I too was going to weigh in with the Lewis Hamilton dedication and also the Mika Häkkinen for that matter. Whilst they are both champions in their own right, for me they provide no relationship to the motorcycling world and therefore no incentive to buy their namesake bike. (Here, I concede that I am an avid Hamilton follower)

Back to the post's purpose though, it IS a great looking bike and in UK terms a good price and one I would consider if it were here.
Theres one for sale in Netherlands. 19.999,- euros. 4236km on odometer.
https://www.roadrunnermotoren.nl/occasions/#mv-agusta-f4-spr-senna-m1146880

Thats a bit closer than US of A.

Yes he's an annoying prick with a cancerous attitude. Theaterical behaviour makes you wanna vomit.
But thats a bit extreme.....

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Perhaps I'll PM my mate Lewy and tell him to watch out for you in the 2020 Albert Park crowd, standing next to Mick Gatto and saying: 'Yes, he's the one. The black guy with the braids in the silver car.':grin2::grin2:

[For internationals who don't know, Mick Gatto is/was an alleged underworld figure, cleared of murder in 2004. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Gatto ]

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
oh nigel ur on fire mate, gold.
forgot about gatto. Yes better not piss him off at all

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
On a different note, just seems to me that the pricing you're noting is kind of shocking. But I guess that's the state of the sportbike market these days. Judging from your list, you would seem to know MV's a lot better than I - what were they new?
Yeah, secondhand MV's are low atm. A 312RR with 600 miles and ugly paint sold yesterday for 8k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-MV-Agusta-F4-/113799807206

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Per Wikipedia- The F4 750 Senna was also released in 2002. MV CEO, Claudio Castiglioni, was a close personal friend of Ayrton Senna and introduced this special to help the Instituto Ayrton Senna, a charity founded by Senna to aid the children and young people of Brazil. Production was limited to 300 machines.

Sounds like it was created for all the right reasons. This just my humble opinion.
OK, I didn't know that. Now you have me waiting for the Mother Teresa model.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts