MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Heard That Carl Foggarty Wont Be Running Due To Lack Of Sponsorship :( Once Again Looks Like We Will Miss Being Apart Of History...

:(

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
What's up with Ferracci's effort in the AMA?

Will Scassa and Lynn still be campaigning there or will it only be the 6 aforementioned rounds?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
If they still will race, it won't be Luca racing.

I'm really hoping they do race, but after hearing about some of th stupid problems they had with the bike (the stuff you didn't read in the media), it would be disenchanting.

What I will say is, if they raced them in Superstock they probably would have done very well :)

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
MV need to go racing, its as simple as that. Especially if they want to be taken seriously. MV need to have modern race riders associated with their bikes. I'm talking WSB. Its all very well dusting off the cobwebs of these old riders to help sell and promote these new machines, but they need modern race riders. Ducati have done this very well and are masters of it! Otherwise, MV may just be taken as fashion items and not serious contenders within the race world. OK, the 999 wasn't a drop dead looking bike, but it won races and kept the brand in the spotlight !

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
nicensleazy said:
MV need to go racing, its as simple as that. Especially if they want to be taken seriously. MV need to have modern race riders associated with their bikes. I'm talking WSB. Its all very well dusting off the cobwebs of these old riders to help sell and promote these new machines, but they need modern race riders. Ducati have done this very well and are masters of it! Otherwise, MV may just be taken as fashion items and not serious contenders within the race world. OK, the 999 wasn't a drop dead looking bike, but it won races and kept the brand in the spotlight !
Exactly. The 999 has a very impressive resume.

2003 WSBK - Neil Hodgson
2004 WSBK - James Toseland
2005 BSB - Gregorio Lavilla
2006 WSBK - Troy Bayliss

Other notables were an Italian Superbike (or was it SuperStock) Title and 4 AMA Superbike wins. Eric Bostrom Logged 3 wins and Neil Hodgson logged 1.

The ONLY year the 999 didn't win a major title in it's 5 year career was this year due to Bayliss' misfortune and loss of finger.

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
acruhl said:
What I will say is, if they raced them in Superstock they probably would have done very well :)
I agree 100% They might need to spend some big money on a good ex factory rider. The tracks here in the states are notoriously hard to learn.

The MV will smoke the Japanese bike any day of the week!:f4:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah exactly harris ... thats why we cant wait !!!! dont know who they got investing and disbursting money! not good!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >
Written by pier luigi on October 07, 2007 at 06:10

AYRTON BADOVINI AND MV AGUSTA F4 312 WIN IN FRANCE!!!!!!

Tagged with Gimotorsports pier luigi

FINALY !!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
The F4 has not had a major update (outside of engine mods) in years...it will cost a fortune (and I mean fortune) to bring the bike up to WSB spec and the company simply doesn't have the kind of money required to do that on their own (nor would Ducati without Xerox and Marlboro) Without a real racing team and real sponsorship, we wont be seeing MV in World Superbike or MotoGP any time soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts