MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little button on your left, so you can flash your high beams. Mine doesn't work when I tried it the other night. My brights work, as the brights switch works, but the little flasher doesn't.

Is it any easy fix like a fuse? or do I have to tear things apart? I haven't really gotten down to trouble shootibng (lack of time) but I'de like to know what I'm getting into before I dive in.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
186 Posts
My Tuono has the same setup as the Brutale and I never had a problem with the flasher, but I did have the blinker switch break. I replaced it with the euro model (the one with the headlight on/off switch) and haven't had any issues yet.

Actually, I have had an issue with the light flashing high beams under heavy acceleration, but I figured out that I was accidentally pulling the flasher button when I was accelerating.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm...can't seem to rectify the issue, short of dismantling it and inspecting it...how often does the switch itself on these go bad? I can't see this being much as it's a simple p2p switch, not a toggle.

It didn't blow mid flash. One day it worked, the next couple of days later I tried it, it didn't work...

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Double check that your high beam is not on and rock it back and forth to make sure that it is truly on low beam at the switch. Just a shot in the dark.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The highs definitly aren't on. The place where I try them at is in a pitch black area right before my house. Hooded trees, no street lights, you can barely see 5 feet in front of you. I usually toggle my brights there, and now the only way I can use them is by actually switching on the brights, instead of using the flasher....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Never had a prob on this bike, but on others I have owned I have had horn/blinkers/brake switch go out. In every instance, I partially took apart the switch case and cleaned the switch with contact cleaner and they started working again. On my 748 I have to do this about once every year.
Because your regular switch works ok, I would bet your switch has just gotten dirty/wet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@oicdn - did you ever fix this problem

The same thing happened to my 05 Brutale. Regular highbeam switch and light works fine.

Is it a pain to open up the housing?

This is one of my favorite feature, though i drivers really don't get flashing :)

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
@oicdn - did you ever fix this problem

The same thing happened to my 05 Brutale. Regular highbeam switch and light works fine.

Is it a pain to open up the housing?

This is one of my favorite feature, though i drivers really don't get flashing :)
Nate hasn't posted in some time.

THe housing is really easy to open, if the problem is in there, should be a pretty easy fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts