MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original (Jim) Youngblood molds that were also used by Ervin Capps for the gullwing TX-19 are available for sale. I'd like to put these back into production (though there are a few builders doing the same with other sets of molds).

image.jpg

Any jetboaters out there?

·
Premium Member
5,621 Posts
I am not in those things (can't afford more than two hobbies next to the family ;-)) but it looks way cool!!!

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not in those things (can't afford more than two hobbies next to the family ;-)) but it looks way cool!!!
I understand the old acronym...

Bust Out Another Thousand

These aren't terribly expensive when bought used. Under $10K USD buys a decent lake boat.

New boat prices depend largely upon engine spec and cost. It's easy to dump $70K+ in one, but it's not necessary to have a fun and fast boat.

I've had several, and never spent more than $8500, and each was capable of 75+ mph with a mild 468 BBC. My last one GPSed at 83mph, but would cruise solidly at 70 as long as there was gas in the tanks.

·
Premium Member
5,621 Posts
That is not too much money indeed. One day I am sure that we will own a boat (just showed my wife and she loved it) but first two things: some upgrades on the 1078 and sometime in the future the Senna.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
That is not too much money indeed. One day I am sure that we will own a boat (just showed my wife and she loved it) but first two things: some upgrades on the 1078 and sometime in the future the Senna.
Understood. Priorities. :)

I like these old squirt boat designs because they're so in-your-face. With only 13" of freeboard height, they're like a giant surfboard with a big block.

These ride well and run strong without being sensitive to setup. The gull hull gives lift at the front, so it doesn't have to get the nose flying to ride on the tail like the Vees.

The pickles and tunnels will kill these, especially on top end; but these are great high-speed cruisers for the lake or river.

I wanna build them so I can get mine free. :D

·
Premium Member
5,621 Posts
Understood. Priorities. :)

I like these old squirt boat designs because they're so in-your-face. With only 13' of freeboard, they're like a giant surfboard with a big block.

These ride well and run strong without being sensitive to setup. The gull hull gives lift at the front, so it doesn't have to get the nose flying to ride on the tail like the Vees.

The pickles and tunnels will kill these, especially on top end; but these are great high-speed cruisers for the lake or river.

I wanna build them so I can get mine free. :D
In that case I am sure you can make an offer I can't refuse :D

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
...and look... it has a back seat for 2 or 3. It's a family boat. (wink, wink)

That's sorta like saying an F4 1+1 is a sport tourer. :D

·
Premium Member
5,621 Posts
LOL!! I am already convinced :)

Need a reseller in Europe??? :naughty:

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Trans-Atlantic shipping cost = :jsm::ahhh:

I like 'em because they jump on plane so quick, and acceleration once on plane is instant with the squirters.

I can picture in my mind a black and gray design with a red Senna "S" on the top with red accents and carbon stuff.

Meccanica Verghera Aqua-gusta:mouthwate

1 - 20 of 32 Posts