MV Agusta Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
April race cancelled due to coronavirus. Let’s see if May follows. The upside of this virtual lockdown is that some of the best riding roads are now empty. It’s unprecedented and feels like a once in a lifetime opportunity to really enjoy the MV on an open road.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
April race cancelled due to coronavirus. Let’s see if May follows. The upside of this virtual lockdown is that some of the best riding roads are now empty. It’s unprecedented and feels like a once in a lifetime opportunity to really enjoy the MV on an open road.
Sorry your race plans are being affected mate. Oh yes and I'll be doing what I can to make sure we are all safe and have hand sanitiser available etc. But with all our bike gear on, for the most time we're more protected than anyone, except when eating together, I'm sure we'll all be fine though. I should be immune by then anyway as I'm in lockdown with symptoms. Due to my various health complications I'm considered "high risk" and "vulnerable" by the government anyway, but mainly for others, I'm staying in now for 2 weeks.

I got some abuse from a stranger on FB last night from replying to a friends post about local shops, the silly cow went to town on me and was so ignorant, everyone shut her down and various friends have taken it upon themselves to bring me food etc without me asking, not to mention other "strangers" showing me kindness and telling this idiot to zip it, so I'm quite choked up this morning.

BUT I'm REALLY looking forward to the MV meet in May and can't wait to meet everyone and get some good pics. Interest from other MV owners not on this forum, means we have 7 definitely going and up to another 6 maybe's :) Should be good! (y) Stay well Steve (y)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry your race plans are being affected mate. Oh yes and I'll be doing what I can to make sure we are all safe and have hand sanitiser available etc. But with all our bike gear on, for the most time we're more protected than anyone, except when eating together, I'm sure we'll all be fine though. I should be immune by then anyway as I'm in lockdown. Due to my various health complications I'm considered "high risk" and "vulnerable" by the government, but mainly for others, I'm staying in now for 2 weeks.

I got some abuse from a stranger on FB last night from replying to a friends post about local shops, the silly cow went to town on me and was so ignorant, everyone shut her down and various friends have taken it upon themselves to bring me food etc without me asking, not to mention other "strangers showing me kindness and telling this idiot to zip it, so I'm quite choked up this morning.

BUT I'm REALLY looking forward to the MV meet in May and can't wait to meet everyone and get some good pics. Interest from other MV owners not on this forum, means we have 7 definitely going and up to another 6 maybe's :) Should be good! (y) Stay well Steve (y)
That restores my faith in humanity. Stay healthy, Dan. Your MV will be there waiting for you after your self-isolation. Keep it plugged in or it won’t start though! 😃
I’ll probably see you in May.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
That restores my faith in humanity. Stay healthy, Dan. Your MV will be there waiting for you after your self-isolation. Keep it plugged in or it won’t start though! 😃
I’ll probably see you in May.
Indeed, there are plenty of A-holes on the planet, we all have one!! But the balance when good people do good things, is so refreshing and makes a huge difference. Having my F4 and exposure to this forum and the wider MV community has been SSOOOO refreshing as everyone is a decent human and the same can't be said in all walks of life. So while I feel kind crap, I also feel more faith in humanity than I have in a long time.

Lots a love to everyone, stay safe and well wherever possible! (y)

·
Registered
11 Posts
yes I am in for the 31st May run.
Finally managed to ride my America yesterday for first time, was great but only short.
Live in a valley near Canterbury and river has been flooding at both ends with loads of mud and crud on road, fine in the car but didn't want to spend grs cleaning the bike or worse!
have been busy polishing the exhausts which are not perfect but a lot better than when I bought her.
Now off work as in sales and not allowed in office or to see customers, so if the weather holds and no more rain may be able to take a few rides. best wishes to you all in this very strange situation we all find ourselves in.
David.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
yes I am in for the 31st May run.
Finally managed to ride my America yesterday for first time, was great but only short.
Live in a valley near Canterbury and river has been flooding at both ends with loads of mud and crud on road, fine in the car but didn't want to spend grs cleaning the bike or worse!
have been busy polishing the exhausts which are not perfect but a lot better than when I bought her.
Now off work as in sales and not allowed in office or to see customers, so if the weather holds and no more rain may be able to take a few rides. best wishes to you all in this very strange situation we all find ourselves in.
David.
Great, see you there. Stay safe and well! Thanks for the pic to David, brightened up my day, she's a beaut!!

I also have to polish the tail pipes on the 312R as they go golden from the exhaust fumes every 200 miles or so, the tinge becomes visible. So I use a bit of Autosol and get them back to being silver again! :) (y)

I also go over her with waterless wash and wax and a microfibre cloth after EVERY use! That is love, I've never done that much cleaning of a vehicle before, and I do like to keep my stuff clean, but the MV is special, so gets a wash nearly as often as I do :D (y) 🏍

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Anyone from the right side of the border out there? I know @mv raptor is up here in Scotland, surely there are more than 2x of us???
Surely you guys can't ride? If your own chief medical officer, Dr Catherine Calderwood, has caught the wrath of police (and subsequently resigned her post) I think it would be risky to undertake any but necessary rides at the present time.
Calderwood resigns over coronavirus lockdown trips

As for later on, yes, there are other Scot members. I think @SAROY is Glasgow based with his startling black/yellow Pirelli Dragster.:)

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'm using it as an excuse for some additional servicing & upgrades, the F4 is in pieces. Engine stuff done, now just the following to do; forks, chassis side plates, chassis rail protection, and if I can get it done in time a new radiator. If lockdown goes on post end of June, then I'll have to start further 'enhancements'.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
. . . If lockdown goes on post end of June, then I'll have to start further 'enhancements'.
Oh, please don't predict that :( .

Realistically though, I can see it continuing at least until the end of April in UK. not wishing to sound too selfish, but this has decimated both of my main past times in gym work and motorcycling. Like you, I've done a lot of work, but most is superficial and/or detailed cleaning.

·
Registered
896 Posts
many scientific bodies are predicting longer, the UK end of the 'flattened' peak somewhere towards the 3rd week in May and movement restrictions in week 3 or 4 of June.

Its the impact of reducing the peak demand on the NHS is that you actively prolong the peak and overall outbreak. I hope that they are wrong, but I fear they may be correct, a lot depends on how people behave.

Luckily for me I can work remotely as I have sufficient engineering applications, I'm pharmaceutical based and many of my colleagues and clients are facing pretty bad times, where furloughing the staff does not work (government restrictions), and they cannot perform activities as the PPE and RPE is now unobtainable. They are all sitting at home waiting for the pay checks to cease, before they can claim.

lots of people hit hard, I count myself as one of the luckier ones.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts