MV Agusta Forum banner

321 - 340 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sad day the 'Cleaver' is no more twisted / bent headstock and front part of the frame - you didn't see that Rich!!

Ah, bugger.:(
No. Didn't.
Maybe didn't look so close at the front end -bit reluctant to smear the hairy goo out the way to get a good look.
It was already all over my hands and t-shirt from picking the cleaver up off the deck in the first place and it didnt smell too fetching. :sick:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Good to hear mate👍 You have my permission to take the rest of the summer off......

·
Registered
504 Posts
well well well just reading this and it brings back bad memories many years ago i hit a deer also did not come off bike hit at 90mph stopped at a layby and looked at bike front forks were totally bent bike covered in deer shit bike was a GSX 1100ESD I was lucky and escaped un injured that time sorry to here about this get well soon I also had my accident this year
was not so lucky bike written off and had dislocated wrist and open fracture to left arm now got metal plate holding it together

·
Registered
94 Posts
mv raptor
I did not realise within myself what impact an accident like yours or mine can have on a person especially when doing something that you love so much - I have been very lucky in life at 56 first time I have broken any bones!
I will hopefully have a complete recovery with very little ongoing complications, your hand looks a bit more damaged - did you lose the finger in the accident?
I know of quite a few instances with deer of glancing strikes including me in a car a few years ago which can be less severe - but this one just suddenly appeared and seemed as surprised as me - stood at 90 deg in front of me not moving front wheel hit square on I assume - I just remember the split second catching it looking at me which felt like eye to eye contact!!
I do wish you well in your recovery as you appear to have a little bit left to go - if you want to talk more just pm me.
I am still hoping to get a few people together around the end of the month to 'complete' this event!! I have an appointment today at the hospital for checkups and hopefully will be able to get a bit more movement going all going well🙏.
Graham

·
Registered
504 Posts
thanks graham i am 59 and first time i also broke a bone and it looks like i did it in stile do not want to go through this again and i lost my finger in a work accident it was smashed off with the force and velocity of a pice of wood kicking back out of a machine, I'm healing fine but still lack strength in both arms hand is a lot better can ride the bike using clutch is ok and has helped
me recover well foot still hurts and still got a limp name is also Graeme.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am still hoping to get a few people together around the end of the month to 'complete' this event!! I have an appointment today at the hospital for checkups and hopefully will be able to get a bit more movement going all going well🙏.
Graham
Shall watch this space for suggestions for dates once you're fit (well, mobile at least 😁 ).
Glad it sounds like you're well on the road to recovery Graham.
Made any more progress on thoughts for a new steed?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Now theres the big question and impatience is starting to get the better of me - bless ebay!! Just as well I'm not mobile enough to do anything about it yet! 😜
As you know l have had and still have alot of time for market research - this is an MV forum so thats first -tempted by B4 a 1078 for sale on here looks very nice I also have my eye on an F3 I've seen advertised. Will probably end up with a Brutale of some description quite a few advertised within my budget. Still love the Stradale if only MV had continued on with its development and fixed some of the styling issues I personally think are wrong ie screen, plate holder, seat, exhaust - just think they went to far to the dark side with TV, doesn't appeal to me (although I admit I haven't ridden one and they seem very popular).
Very nice 959 Panigale sold cheap on ebay the other day had to sit on my hands while it counted down.
The only other bikes that have appealed are the Triumph triples or the absolute bargain offer at the moment by KTM 790 Duke brand new £7500 on the road 20 plate.!!
Sorry about the verbal dihorea but as I said got alot of time on my hands😴
Hopefully see some of you chaps soon Graham

·
Registered
563 Posts
Graham how do you feel about just meeting somewhere even if not on your bike ? I guess now though we’d have to meet in two groups of 6 :( Next Sunday’s looking ok weather wise

Reactions: Rich8

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mmm hadn't thought of that - 6 !
Theory's great am waiting for my consultant to get back regarding being able to use left leg a bit more - so not sure if I can drive yet. Certainly can't ride a bike even if I had one!!
If you fancy the run out to Hampshire / west Sussex border around Petersfield area I can get a lift to one of the local hostelries - my daughter manages at one Rising Sun Milland (not far from Deers Hut for reference) see if you fancy it I can get a table reserved or there’s quite alot of good places I know of in 5/10 mile radius.
Graham

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
Mmm hadn't thought of that - 6 !
Theory's great am waiting for my consultant to get back regarding being able to use left leg a bit more - so not sure if I can drive yet. Certainly can't ride a bike even if I had one!!
If you fancy the run out to Hampshire / west Sussex border around Petersfield area I can get a lift to one of the local hostelries - my daughter manages at one Rising Sun Milland (not far from Deers Hut for reference) see if you fancy it I can get a table reserved or there’s quite alot of good places I know of in 5/10 mile radius.
Graham
I'm Game

·
Registered
563 Posts
Let’s leave it a bit fluid & see how weather is. - the deers hut was great as had lots of outside seating and car parking - plenty of space to social distance and have two separate groups

graham it’s you we need to protect id hate to think the second time round hindsight came into play and you caught the lurg!!!

If there’s somewhere else then just say and we’ll see how we’re all feeling at the end of the week!

I don’t think my oh will come along as he’s digging drains :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Deers Hut good a place as any if you liked it sounds like a plan.
I can do any time as long as I can get a lift (about 5 miles for me) or doc gives me green light to drive.
We have been very lucky with the virus round here not many cases I know of - I don't think I am too much of a risk!! 😁
Graham

·
Registered
26 Posts
Went to Southport tonight (around 8pm) and met another happy TV owner :)

Reactions: XPARAUK

·
Registered
563 Posts
sorry chaps I am not going to be able to make this Sunday - wasn't looking great anyway with the rule of 6

Its my birthday tomorrow and apparently oh has arranged a 'surprise' for Sunday !

Lets hope its not tooooo long before we get to meet -

·
Administrator
20,361 Posts
Happy Solar Circumnavigation Anniversary CharLy !!!
Maybe a bit early. Celebrate !!!

Reactions: CharLy
321 - 340 of 345 Posts