MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother passed away and I inhereted his Brutale 1078 rr 2009. Its a beast of a bike. I have casually rode my whole life but this is my first bike like this.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Like any bike, be gentle with the throttle. You are correct it is a beast and can kill you. Find a good mechanic and get it serviced then take a riding safety course. The course will save your life

·
Registered
828 Posts
Sorry about your brother. He has left you as you say a beast of a bike. Enjoy it and his memory. Plenty of help on here if needed.

Cheers

Deano

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Welcome!!!

Tip one: Find joy and peace with your brother's Brutale.
Top two: Always wear proper gear
Tip three: Ride when the traffic is low (while you adjust)
Tip four: Check tire pressure (usually 33psi) and oil level
Tip five: Rider safety course
Tip six: Ear protection

Condolences

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
. . . Tip six: Ear protection
Interesting you mention that. For all of my riding life I have been of the 'listen to the exhaust' brigade. Only last weekend I experimented with foam plugs, and what an amazing difference. I never really thought I noticed wind noise before, but heck, riding is now more pleasurable and at first, due to absence of noise, I had to watch speedo because of the inclination to ride faster.

Very worthwhile tip for everyone.:wink2:

·
Administrator
20,574 Posts
You will also find you don't fatigue as quickly when you wear hearing protection !!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'd also say Rider Safety Course. Saves you on insurance in many places.
Also, I'd say to baby your brutale, and buy a cheap 300-600cc range japanese bike. Get 5,000 miles under your belt. You'll have encountered most the situations you didn't have a plan for by then...

·
Vendor
5,454 Posts
Welcome to the forum,also sorry to hear about your brother.
You have inherited a great bike,Take care.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the great tips guys. I have my rider safety course scheduled for next month. Michigan requires it to hold a motorcycle endorsement. I have less then 100 miles on this bike. I kept the bike in climate controlled storage for 2 years. I was recently at the storage unit and thought , he would probably want this bike ridden. Seems like a great community. Thanks for welcoming me.

·
Administrator
20,574 Posts
Take the MSF course and then book a track day in the Novice Class.

Take it easy, relax, and enjoy.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Condolences on your loss mate,
Tip 1 Always think every car/truck and bus on the road is trying to kill you and ride accordingly
Tip 2 See tip 1.

Excellent!! I'll wear them to bed. My wife will be so pleased!!:grin2::grin2:
That's what she said when I wore them too!:wink2:

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Condolences on your loss mate,
Tip 1 Always think every car/truck and bus on the road is trying to kill you and ride accordingly
Tip 2 See tip 1.

That's what she said when I wore them too!:wink2:
I like to think they are nothing but dust particles in my tailwind!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Interesting you mention that. For all of my riding life I have been of the 'listen to the exhaust' brigade. Only last weekend I experimented with foam plugs, and what an amazing difference. I never really thought I noticed wind noise before, but heck, riding is now more pleasurable and at first, due to absence of noise, I had to watch speedo because of the inclination to ride faster.

Very worthwhile tip for everyone.:wink2:
Not only will it be more pleasurable, but wind noise alone is loud enough to permanently damage your hearing. You will be doing yourself and your ears a huge favor. I find that I can hear my exhaust note more clearly too because my plugs cut out the white noise of the wind well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts