MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With all the speculation and talk surrounding the release of the new models, there was mention of a smaller capacity bike (675-750cc) nicknamed the F3. Is there any more information about whether this has come to fruition or was all just hype?
I assume nothing was released at Milan...??

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think it could be a spoof....

Because the spyshots of the "test" F3 bike show that it was actually an R6 in the skins of an F4....

maybe it was a MV fan who couldn't afford an MV and decided to convert his R6 to an MV...and we are all here thinking that a new F3 will come out...lol :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was wondering why MV does not introduce a 600cc class bike that is priced comparably to the 848. This bike theoretically can be produced and sold in larger quantities, expanding the ownership base.

Then, introduce a "basic" F4 for under $20K US and special limited versions at $25K+.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I was wondering why MV does not introduce a 600cc class bike that is priced comparably to the 848. This bike theoretically can be produced and sold in larger quantities, expanding the ownership base.

Then, introduce a "basic" F4 for under $20K US and special limited versions at $25K+.
I would think that any "f3" would have to be competitive with the 848 and it would cost a bit more.
a "basic" F4 for under $20k would cheapen the brand.
Maybe they should bring the CAGIVA motorcycle into the US.

Ferrari can't produce cars for $100k because it would cheapen the brand, so they bought Massaratti. Win Win for all.
Let's face it, Americans like to know they are rich or why would we have toyota and lexus, Honda and Acura, and so on.

just a thought.

I say BRING ON THE MV TRIPLE!!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Perhaps with all the 'MV for sale again' speculation the F3 (if it does exist) has been shelved Personally I hope not..

·
Registered
3,438 Posts

Because that makes too much sense mate!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Bassicaly the production cost of a 600 cc is really similar to the production cost of a 1000 cc. I suppose that MV has spend all their resources in the new F4.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have never had the pleasure of riding one of the MV 750's. However, from what I read from members on here it seems like they have quite a cult following. So I believe there would be a market for a small capacity MV (or a triple) similar to that of the Ducati 848. Especially if the quality was not compromised.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I have never had the pleasure of riding one of the MV 750's. However, from what I read from members on here it seems like they have quite a cult following. So I believe there would be a market for a small capacity MV (or a triple) similar to that of the Ducati 848. Especially if the quality was not compromised.
Yeah but "cult following" doesn't really tie in with "a market". And I hate moped sized bikes. I did an afternoon's ride on a Daytona 675 once. I know. I'll stick to (old) F4 sized bikes.... :f4: :f4: :f4:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sure....But Ducati seem to have a captured a decent sized "market" with the 848.
....to say nothing of the HUGE number of Suzuki GSXR 750's they sell!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The MV spokesperson flat out told the shop I use that they are working on and will have the F3! I've said it before and every time my shop has info it ends up being the truth.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts