MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know the new Ducati 1098 will be here in january and the price will be around $15k & up. We all know the specs about the new Ducati , its new futuristic design and top quality, it's clear that it will compete with the MV. The only difference is that DUCATI is newer and the starting price is approx 5k under the MV. Having said that, i am undecided between getting the 1098 or the 2006 MV.
My question is: does anybody know is there's a dealer anywhere in the country with competitive prices on the 06 f4 leftovers?
I assume MV has to move its inventory before the 1098 gets here. So, they would have to lower their prices. Please correct me if i am wrong.
If anybody has any information, please let me know.
Thanks,
:hump:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,860 Posts
Not really any correlation between what ducati sets the prices at, and how MV Agusta responds. You will find deals on '06 F4 1000S models because the S is being discontinued (being replaced by the more expensive, and better F4 1000 R). You're looking at 18's/19's or so. Dealers will probably use maintenance incentives rather than dropping prices

Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Look for Beaudry motorsports, they have some year end closeouts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,920 Posts
Ducati base model quality has never been as good as MV, and I'm sure this is still the casse, esp. given the price drop. MV is nicer, plain truth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,473 Posts
I don't think Ducati's trying to compete with MV as much as it is with the Japanese bike. It's about a 3K difference now between the Japanese and the Ducati.

Also, Ducati's price drop on the regular model makes MV a bit more on the high end -which is were MV Agusta really wants it to be. Using this board as an example, I haven't seen many MV owners willing to sell thier MV's for a 1098. On the other hand, some owner are considering adding a 1098 to their stable.

But in terms of deals on '06s. I know dealers are letting them go for less than $20k. One reason is a manufacturer's rebate of $1,700. I got my '06 in August for $20K + a free $600 jacket. In September, it was a free $600 service. Also, there's a low interest program right now via GE Capital for 4.99% on MV.

Here some dealers that would probably give you a real good price:
http://www.beaudrymotorsports.com/
http://www.proitalia.com/
http://euromotorsportsllc.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
Where are you located? The Ducati has NOTHING to do with the price of an MV, they do not compete at $15K. The MV eclipses it in all areas, including price. I know of a few places with 2006 leftovers. If you could find a 2005 it would be smart to jump on one of those, being identical to the 2006. You should be around $17,500 for a 2005 NEW leftover or $19,000 for a 2006.

I have done extensive research and purchased my 2005 brand new in November. Please ask any additionall questions you may have, but don't try to haggle with an MV dealer based on a cheaper bike like the 1098, because they really aren't going after MV, but the Japanese 4.

Hope this helps, and as Allan said, most of us would just add a 1098 if we wanted it, never trade the MV for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,255 Posts
not to sound judgemental, or picking on anybody, but what are people expecting? MV doesn't produce that many bikes, and when they do, they are producing the most coveted machine, the lust object of the bike world. i'm not even meaning that from an elitist snob perspective, because i'm waaayyy far from that. but, it's like saying since the f430 came out, let me go to the ferrarri dealership and see what discounts i can get on a 360modena. or competitive pricing on a diablo since it's not made anymore. :wtf:

it doesn't really matter to me, but i'm just curious if people think that price competition and drops will be similar to what happens to gixxers every 1-2 years when a new version comes out. i think i remember reading that Claudio said MV will not be available lower than 20K, so you can't expect to get a new one for too much less than that,i mean SPR's are still holding at ~$16K or more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
The Ducati just can not compare to the MV when it comes to attention to detail and "fit and finish". Quality control has never been a long suit for Ducati and I don't expect it to get any better now that Ducati has decided to cut prices in order to compete more directly with the Japanese makers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
NEXTMV said:
As we all know the new Ducati 1098 will be here in january and the price will be around $15k & up. We all know the specs about the new Ducati , its new futuristic design and top quality, it's clear that it will compete with the MV.
No, I don't think Ducati is competing with MV, not any more. They're doing just the opposite. They've cut prices so they can compete with the Japanese and Aprilia.

NEXTMV said:
The only difference is that DUCATI is newer and the starting price is approx 5k under the MV. Having said that, i am undecided between getting the 1098 or the 2006 MV.
My question is: does anybody know is there's a dealer anywhere in the country with competitive prices on the 06 f4 leftovers?
I assume MV has to move its inventory before the 1098 gets here. So, they would have to lower their prices. Please correct me if i am wrong.
If anybody has any information, please let me know.
Thanks,
:hump:
Call around. You never know what you'll turn up. As mentioned, Beaudry is a good place to start.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
617 Posts
Atlanta Triumph Ducati. That's where I found the best deal in the country, and purchased there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,720 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,473 Posts
blavenia said:
Atlanta Triumph Ducati. That's where I found the best deal in the country, and purchased there.
I've also heard good things about them. I think they also use to have a lot of Cycletrade ads. I called them a few years ago and they had one of the lowest prices (them and Beaudry) but they were just too far from me and shipping killed the deal. But if you're near by, I think it's worth a shot.

Regionally speaking, the best places I've found when shopping around is Pro Italia (they'll hate me for saying that) on the West Coast, Beaudry Motorsports and Fay Myers in the mid-west, and Altanta Triumph Ducati in the southeast. Anyone have a good shop in the north eastern seaboard? That being said, I think most dealers can match pricing depending how hard you twist their arms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,216 Posts
but, it's like saying since the f430 came out, let me go to the ferrarri dealership and see what discounts i can get on a 360modena. or competitive pricing on a diablo since it's not made anymore.
I think it has more to do with the dealer's stock, his floor space, his finances, and the demand. If he can still sell an older model at a premium price then he will, but if he's struggling to clear old stock and wants the space for new then why not see what you can get?

At the end of the day, the economics of the dealership is going to have more influence over the price of bikes than the exclusivity of the brand in the eyes of owners.

Si
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:idea:
TheCatWhisperer said:
I think it has more to do with the dealer's stock, his floor space, his finances, and the demand. If he can still sell an older model at a premium price then he will, but if he's struggling to clear old stock and wants the space for new then why not see what you can get?

At the end of the day, the economics of the dealership is going to have more influence over the price of bikes than the exclusivity of the brand in the eyes of owners.

Si
Thanks! That's true, i will try to follow your advise.

Sam
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top