MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:f4:

I'm about to get myself an
F4 1000R! Are there any other MV riders from the Hunter area (Newcastle) on this site?
:brutale:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have a F4100S (third MV), just moved from Sydney to Newcastle, keen on some rides.

PS You won't regret it! get it...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Any tips on who to insure the MV through?
I have just had to renew insurance on my 312. Bikeguard (Guardian Insurance) has had their M/C Lloyds underwriter withdraw cover. Consequently, the policies have been transferred to QBE.

I have shopped around & have found QBE is much better than at least 3 other insurers including Shannons.

QBE are quoting $570 - all the others I have tried are around the $1100 mark.

It certainly pays to shop around.

Enjoy your 1000R, but one word of caution; depending on the build year, be aware of the possibility of a radiator fatigue crack problem which is well documented in several theads in this forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll be keen to do some riding soon, bike has been in the shop following rear hub failure on buckets way run for a month now.

Keen to do St Albans Rd (Wisemans Ferry), Putty Rd, or Buckets+Thunderbold+Oxley hwy+Wooten Way (700Km) when i get my bike back, if only to test out the new seat.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I use Shannons too. Had a claim last year, great to deal with, all sorted out really quick. Just read the policy schedule for QBE on them replacing parts in an accident. My girlfriends dad is with QBE and it made some intersting reading. Probably no problem but just read it carefully. Like all insurer's I suppose.

You'll have no regrets with the MV.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AHHHHHHHH! You've all got me worried now. Is the MV going to cost me a fortune in break downs and will parts take forever to come into the country? It's got to be more reliable than a Ducati......surely?!

As for the radiator, it's a 2008 model. Is that the model effected? If it does will these problems be covered by the warranty?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
G'day Ian....settle down these bikes are fine. I have had 3 now (not an R) and I find them pretty bullet proof (for an Italian sport bike). I left Ducati because I was sick of the maintenance costs, but that was about 8 years ago. I think now Ducati's have really got their act together.

You will be fine, and I get mine serviced by Motorcycle Weaponary on the Northern Beaches, ask for Steve and have a chat he can fill you in (he used to race one ) and is very honest.

Cheers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Monday is the Big day! I find out if she (never been comfortable calling a bike 'she') is still there and can I get her. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dilema!

The R I wanted has magically jumped up 3k in price! Not a chance those greedy b"[email protected]^%ds!

I've told them to bring it down or I'll buy somewhere else.

I have sourced a new 2007 F4 1000S which I'm thinking of, is 22k a fair price (not inc on road)?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh ya, if I get the F4 S what are your thoughts on after market pipes available in Oz? I would really like silver looking tail pipes and maybe some extra noise.......to let the cars know I'm coming .......for safety of course.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Hi guys

Hi,
I recently received my F4 312RR 1078 and am looking forward hopefully meeting a few other NSW enthusiasts.
I live in syd but also have a place in Port Macquarie so the bike will probably spend a lot of time there. I also spend a lot of time in the Hunter valley for work and would be happy to put it on a trailer (as soon as i purchase one) and bring it down to join in some rides...
If you guys are interested .....check out the some of the write ups on the "Gingers creek" Oxley Highway ride.....some of he best riding in NSW

Hope to hear back from you or any other Aussie MV owners

Ash
:f4:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Gingers Creek mad!!! we just did a Gingers Creek run, Sydney to Gingers and back in 24 hours on the MV F4!!!

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Wow......24hrs!! Thats huge!!
i haven't done Gingers creek on my MV yet as its only 3 weeks old. But have done it a few times on an R1 and loved it.
Let me know next time you're thinking of heading to the mountains and i'll meet you at Port Macquarie and join you for the ride.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Wow......24hrs!! Thats huge!!
i haven't done Gingers creek on my MV yet as its only 3 weeks old. But have done it a few times on an R1 and loved it.
Let me know next time you're thinking of heading to the mountains and i'll meet you at Port Macquarie and join you for the ride.
We sure will meet up.

Next time, we'll trailer the bike and do a weekender to ride Gingers.

We did Gingers for the hell of it. A couple of credit cards in my pocket and ALOT of red bull drinks!!! No backpack and 1500km in 24 hours.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Ian I paid 32k for my F4 1000S, 22K is an excellent price.
The RG3 pipes pop up on e bay from time to time, this is what I have and would recommend (I brought them new at 5K gulp!)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts