MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know with the financial issues with MV, parts are becoming harder to find and/or taking longer to get. Anybody with luck finding an oil filter for a brutale 800. I've already emailed star twin along with motoforza with both the same result - both saying it's on backorder. Any other alternatives to the Hiflo 569 filter?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I contacted HiFlo a while back and they said they were still working on the one for Brutale/Dragster, I've had 3 services now and the filter has been changed once at the first service last October. My dealer just can't get them.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
MV three cylinder bikes all use the same oil filter the MV part number is 8000B5425, HifloFiltro make them for MV, their part number is HF569, however they don't seem to be available here in the UK.

MV dealers are getting very patchy support from the factory, some are getting filters on occasions but in the main they remain on back order, a result of MV not paying bills to suppliers.

If you need a filter phone around the dealers, I bought two recently from Moto Corsa in Dorset.

·
Registered
291 Posts
MV three cylinder bikes all use the same oil filter the MV part number is 8000B5425, HifloFiltro make them for MV, their part number is HF569, however they don't seem to be available here in the UK.

MV dealers are getting very patchy support from the factory, some are getting filters on occasions but in the main they remain on back order, a result of MV not paying bills to suppliers.

If you need a filter phone around the dealers, I bought two recently from Moto Corsa in Dorset.
This is great, thank you. I usually replace the o-ring at the same time. Does HiFlo also make this part? I didn't see it listed on their site. Anyone have a suggestion on another vendor for the o-ring?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Could try wemoto, I contacted them purely about the filter and they rold me they can get it in 10-14 days, maybe they can get the O-ring also.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just take the o ring to any hydraulics shop ...they will be able to match it its only an o ring :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody for the help, I just ordered two from Moto Corsa in Dorset, will be in by the end of next week.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i ordered the oil filters and O-rings from StartTwin. everything was great until i realized they charged me 34 Euros for shipping.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Got a call from Wemoto yesterday, they said the filter for the 800 will be back in stock next week.(mid October)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Supply to dealers seems to have got better, and HifloFiltro 569 now available in UK, I have stocked up a bit and have both OEM and HifloFiltro, enough to keep me going for a year or two!

·
Registered
674 Posts
So I called HiFlo in the USA, they referred me to Parts Unlimited to get the part. (HiFlo HF569)
Parts Unlimited will give you a local dealer.
Here is the telephone # for Parts Unlimited in the USA, 800 369 1000

I called Riders Discount and they hooked me up so that is also and option.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No oil change == no further progress

I got an oil filter almost a month ago from StarTwin,but the
filter cover and sump plug gaskets remain on back-order.

Doesn't look good to me (shades of IMOLA Laverda).

Have a spare Ducati 748 sump plug gasket so was wondering if it might fit an MV F3 ? Guess I have to unplug to find out..

BTW the recommended, Eni i-Ride MOTO2 5W/40 oil
can be bought direct from Eni on Amazon.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I am not too concerned about the oil. 5W or 10W should not matter much as long as the it has the proper specifications.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My oil filters from Wemoto in Australia turned up today

1 - 20 of 22 Posts