MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a sportsrider, usually with 1000 SUZUKI & HONDA. What i have basically paid for my previous bikes $12-13K + accessories.
Now, i am seriously thinking about getting a MV AGUSTA F4 since i am sick & tired of having those japanese bikes changed in design every 2 years. Once i got a new bike, a year later or so, a new design is in the market! I can't keep up with that anymore!
Financially wise, decision to switch to a MV AGUSTA is hard becasue i am going to finance it for 66 months. I would like to keep it as long as i can. Since they have been in the market since 1997-98 (not sure) i think that maybe the italians could change the design by 2008???
I know that info is not available out there yet, but in case anybody have read anything about it, PLEASE PLEASE let me know since i am about to make my decision this coming week.
ANY INFO WILL BE APPRECIATED!! :cry:
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
When buying an MV it generally is not for the "latest and Greatest" I don’t know why you would be buying a new bike every new model year..

As far as when it will change could be next year could be 10 years the MV was designed to evolve not change.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
NEXTMV, That is exactly why I jumped off the Japanese bikes years ago. I just got sick and tired of new models, price drops, etc etc, so I went Italian and never looked back. You only need to look at the values of secondhand Ducati's to see your answer. And a 10 year old 916 will still cut it on the road with the latest rocket ship. The MV gives me best of both worlds.
Do it, you won't regret it one bit, and it makes reading the tests in magazines a laugh as you no longer have to try and keep up.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
First off, I really want to say I'm no expert on this and everything I say is just based on speculation -so take this for what's it's worth (some guys opinion posted on the Internet).

I think a new design will come out as in 2009 or 2010 because the current style has been around since 1999 (2000 model in the States) and in an interview a few years ago, Castiglioni said the design needs to remain fresh for 10 years. Also, 10 years is about how long the 916 design ran. Lastly, a 2010 model would give the F4R a two year production run -consistent with the F41000S' production run.

So, that's why I think a new design will come out in 2009 or 2010. But the thing is, it's hard to wait two to three years until a new design comes out and it could come out in "Italian Standard Time". Maybe you could pick up a 2006 S model for a discount (like $19 to $18K) to help offset the depreciation and then trade-in/sell when the new model comes out (or maybe the second year of the new model)? Just a thought. (That's my plan, btw) ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the fast reply, now everything is clear. I think i will go for the 06. If somebody else has some other info, please let me know :)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
While I agree with what Allan said, I would like to add that in the same breathe that mentioned the 10-yr styling cycle, the new style will be more evolutionary than revolution. The F4's style was crowned as bike of the century by mainstream printed media. Could the next gen be better? Possibly. Would it be as timeless? Possibly. But it doesn't change the fact that you still have a piece of styling history. :) Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Sam, did you find your 06 anywhere? If you pm me I'll help you out with info. Also, remember the 07 R is the platform that will be built on more likely than the 06 S.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey NEXTMV,

Hey pal, You cant lose...By the time your ready for your "nextmv" you will problably just keep your current one.....You wouldnt understand unless you owned one...

I dont mean to sound like an elitest but......................just buy one and you will understand...

You will be owning something that will NEVER look dated..NEVER!!!......In my opinion Ducati's dont look dated either- MV's even make Ducati's look dated! Not an easy thing to do.....

Let me put this into perspective for you=its year 2015-and you want to go for a spin on your newest bike, you've got a next generation 2010/2014 MV F6-1100...Lucky you!....But your tires are worn to the rim, and you havent got around to getting some new skins yet... so you take out your "spare", which happens to be the bike you are debating right now- the 2006 F4-1000, by this time its old and you havent ridden it much since you got the new one.....So you take it out.....After a while you roll up to local sportbike spot where everyone is bench racing and admireing everyones bikes....Do you know what will happen? Everyone will go fucking crazy!! The fella's {and the girls even more} will all spot you on your 10 year old MV and they will LOSE their minds.....

Back to 2006=My friend, buying an MV is as far as you can go... you are in a different club now...The rules are different, EVERYTHING is different...Motorcycleing as you know it is OVER!..This is a whole new ball game, a better game, with bigger rewards.....Your 2-wheeled existance up until now has been your education- it sounds like its time for you to graduate..........Welcome...

You know what you have to do-

FBD

A

·
0 Posts
firebreathingdog said:
Hey NEXTMV,

Hey pal, You cant lose...By the time your ready for your "nextmv" you will problably just keep your current one.....You wouldnt understand unless you owned one...

I dont mean to sound like an elitest but......................just buy one and you will understand...

You will be owning something that will NEVER look dated..NEVER!!!......In my opinion Ducati's dont look dated either- MV's even make Ducati's look dated! Not an easy thing to do.....

Let me put this into perspective for you=its year 2015-and you want to go for a spin on your newest bike, you've got a next generation 2010/2014 MV F6-1100...Lucky you!....But your tires are worn to the rim, and you havent got around to getting some new skins yet... so you take out your "spare", which happens to be the bike you are debating right now- the 2006 F4-1000, by this time its old and you havent ridden it much since you got the new one.....So you take it out.....After a while you roll up to local sportbike spot where everyone is bench racing and admireing everyones bikes....Do you know what will happen? Everyone will go fucking crazy!! The fella's {and the girls even more} will all spot you on your 10 year old MV and they will LOSE their minds.....

Back to 2006=My friend, buying an MV is as far as you can go... you are in a different club now...The rules are different, EVERYTHING is different...Motorcycleing as you know it is OVER!..This is a whole new ball game, a better game, with bigger rewards.....Your 2-wheeled existance up until now has been your education- it sounds like its time for you to graduate..........Welcome...

You know what you have to do-

FBD
NextMv
and firebreathingdog

Next MV
firebreathingdog nailed it on the head 200%, its absolutely funny cos somehow i would of responded exactly like this even before reading this, obviously a different word or too, but man what a statement he had written and so true
the mv is the most beautiful bike in the world. My Mv is six years old and turns head all the time
get the mv man now

·
Registered
367 Posts
Com'on guys, the F4 design is more timeless than that. :yo:

It was first unveiled at the 1997 Milan show, so thats when it was first seen.

I remember looking at the design way before I ever saw one in real life, just like I have seen designs of japanese designs before I saw the bikes.
I had to go and look at the ZX-10R to see if it was as ugly as the pictures .... yep I reakon it is.

blavenia said:
Sam, did you find your 06 anywhere? If you pm me I'll help you out with info. Also, remember the 07 R is the platform that will be built on more likely than the 06 S.
While thats true, as far as body design, they are the same aren't they? except for the colours.

I reakon the design has 5 years more, and I'm not sure they could be much better anyway

Jonathan

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
spacechumper said:

I remember looking at the design way before I ever saw one in real life, just like I have seen designs of japanese designs before I saw the bikes.
I had to go and look at the ZX-10R to see if it was as ugly as the pictures .... yep I reakon it is.

While thats true, as far as body design, they are the same aren't they? except for the colours.

I reakon the design has 5 years more, and I'm not sure they could be much better anyway

Jonathan
I read somewhere that the bike would get a "makeover" in two years, including new bodywork with twin headlights but still based around :stickpoke the current engine, and basics

·
Registered
367 Posts
mikef4uk said:
I read somewhere that the bike would get a "makeover" in two years, including new bodywork with twin headlights but still based around :stickpoke the current engine, and basics
:yo: I don't mind as long as it doesn't look like the ZX-10R headlights :stopp: , or the ZX-14, ZX-12 or the GSXR, or the 999 for that matter. :stickpoke

Then again, if they do stuff up the design I will be very happy with my bike won't I .... :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
spacechumper said:

Jonathan

Truly timeless.

Despite the fact that four-cylinder bikes had been produced for decades and there were millions of them already on the road when the F-4 was introduced, the F-4 was immediately recognizeable as one that stood out from all the look-alikes.

Just making something *different* than all the rest is one thing but creating something that's different *and* sets itself high above the pack is another matter entirely.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all guys for sharing your personal experiences here, i appreciate it.
I am looking forward to having one F4 soon and be able to share all my experiences with you guys thru this wonderful forum.
I am impressed for the amunt of responses received and i appreciate the time spent to help me. Definitely your imput have made the difference! Will keep you posted.
SAM

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
NEXTMV said:
Thank you all guys for sharing your personal experiences here, i appreciate it.
I am looking forward to having one F4 soon and be able to share all my experiences with you guys thru this wonderful forum.
I am impressed for the amunt of responses received and i appreciate the time spent to help me. Definitely your imput have made the difference! Will keep you posted.
SAM
Welcome Sam.
Just get the F4R and i'm sure you won't regret it :smoking:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts