MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found one photo of a purported body change coming to the F4 1098 in 08, was wondering if anyone has heard anything or could refer me to any decent articles. My local dealer has 2 2007 F4 1000R's that he's a bit anxious to move and I'm wondering if it's worth waiting a little while and saving up some more dollars for whatever is around the corner in 08.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum, this new model has been discussed here a bit, nobody's sure if it will make an appearence at the Milan show but the rumour is around...do a search on Milan and you should find a few threads about it.

In your position I'd be waiting to see what happens but either way I wouldn't expect to see this new model before 09 but I'm only guessing.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My dealer returns from Italy and I fear that one is not disappointed by EICMA (Milan). He discussed with Claudio Castiglioni and only of new colors are planned. The innovations should not be presented before 2008.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
the 312 is the change for 2008. the change will not happen until 2009 or later. if they change the 312's to something else then that would make all 150 312's in the US limited editions which they are not they made just enough to race AMA this year.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
so since the 08 312 is a new model you are waiting on a new color scheme? so if i own a 312 that would mean that is the new color scheme kind of lost to what that means. but they are talks of a 600cc motor that would be interesting

·
Registered
42 Posts
New 08 Brutale's have 2 fans now , an O2 sensor , single piece headers with the cat attached , and a new ECU . Still a 910 engine displacement for the R and S .

·
Registered
135 Posts
well if the pictures i have seen are true, i dont think i will be rushing down to my dealer to upgrade! :wtf: but to be fair to the man it might be better in the flesh (god i realy hope so).

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
so we are talking about what the brutale is going to be in 08? not what the F4 is going to be because the 8 is already out

·
Registered
571 Posts
wa2fst said:
so since the 08 312 is a new model you are waiting on a new color scheme? so if i own a 312 that would mean that is the new color scheme kind of lost to what that means. but they are talks of a 600cc motor that would be interesting
the 312R is in production since January 2007. So it is the 2007 model!

MV introduced the color scheme "white/black" in September 2006, as 1000R, and in January followed the 312R model. What I say is, if MV introduced a new color schema up to the end of 2007, than in 2008 will follow a new model.LOL.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
^^^^ If you look at factory production dates that is a different story.

When you sell the bike or buy one you look at the documentations.

According to the paper work my F4R is 2007 and 312 is 2008 and I can prove this in court of law :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just one question: After launched a 100.000 euros bike (FCC), MV is really thinking about launching a new bike scheme in a short time?

Anyway, the F4 is an motorcycle icon, so any later schemes would be secondary bikes into the history.

I am absolutly convinced in keeping my actual bike as collection piece.

·
Registered
48 Posts
MADRIDF4R said:
Anyway, the F4 is an motorcycle icon, so any later schemes would be secondary bikes into the history.

I am absolutly convinced in keeping my actual bike as collection piece.
AGREE!!!
And something else.If they will not very committed to the current F4 after the face lift maybe they will have big problem in sales (just like 998 to 999).
Except if the creator is the MAGICIAN MASSIMO TAMBURINI !!!!!!!!!!
Then all we'll go to our bank for a new consumer loan.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
My dealer seems to think no changes to the F4, but I'm not so sure. The UK Importer tells me that there will be changes, like traction control etc in 2008. Best wait, thats what I'm doing.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
POLEMIMI said:
AGREE!!!
And something else.If they will not very committed to the current F4 after the face lift maybe they will have big problem in sales (just like 998 to 999).
Except if the creator is the MAGICIAN MASSIMO TAMBURINI !!!!!!!!!!
Then all we'll go to our bank for a new consumer loan.

God, I hate that picture of the F4....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts