MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how many 1078 brutals have been made?
I have searched these forums but found nothing.:)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Does anyone know how many 1078 brutals have been made?
I have searched these forums but found nothing.:)
I don't know...but an interesting site to look up for figures of 'any' vehicle in the UK is http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/ ......here are the figures for the Brutale 1078rr in the UK http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/combined/MV_Agusta_Brutale_1078_rr
http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=mv+agusta+brutale+1078rr
Just 35 currently registered in the UK.....I think mine is the only one in Ireland.
Brian.:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
28 Posts
The naming is so confusing that I never know if when someone says he got a 1078 he and I both have the same bike or not.

I have a 1090R, which has a 1078cc engine. And there seems to be a 1078, which I assume has a 1078cc engine too, but a smaller tank.

And when we think about the way people like to call the Honda CB600F by 15 different names throughout the world, specially in the US, things only get even more confusing. It is sold as having a 600cc engine, but it actually has 599cc, so people in the US call it Honda 599.

Arrrrgh!

:)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Or a 599 Hornet.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
The naming is so confusing that I never know if when someone says he got a 1078 he and I both have the same bike or not.

I have a 1090R, which has a 1078cc engine. And there seems to be a 1078, which I assume has a 1078cc engine too, but a smaller tank.

And when we think about the way people like to call the Honda CB600F by 15 different names throughout the world, specially in the US, things only get even more confusing. It is sold as having a 600cc engine, but it actually has 599cc, so people in the US call it Honda 599.

Arrrrgh!

No man, in the MV community things work much easier, 1078 is what it was called in the press, the sales tablets and was the Pre 2010 beast of naked bikes... etc. The 1090 is a different and later model. MV made it so easy, they even stuck a sticker on the bike so you could remember what you bought, just look on the bike. Especially for the Brutale's, we F4 riders know what whe're onto :naughty:.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

Arrrrgh!

And then you have the 990r......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts