MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a Moto Corse exhaust on my 04 750 and was looking to use some of it and buy an Arrow stubby for it.
Looking at the pics of the stubbys I have the feeling it won't fit as far as lenght so I looked in the box that came with the bike and found headers and mid pipe but the headers don't look stock and the midpipe neither; everything looks like is brass. Any imput of what this exhaust is and also for any of you out there that has a Arrow stubby system, does what I have on the bike looks like it would accept it before I buy it?
Thank you very much!

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi La Rossa,

I think that's a no. The position of your 4-into-2 pipes on your Moto Corse exhaust is too far back for an Arrow mid-pipe to be fitted to it.

The exhaust in pics 2 and 3 looks like the stock headers with the cat eliminator mid-pipe. You should be able to fit an Arrow shorty to that (replacing the mid-pipe with the Arrow mid-pipe of course).

The pipes go that brassy colour from heat after using them a couple of times. That's normal.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi La Rossa,

I think that's a no. The position of your 4-into-2 pipes on your Moto Corse exhaust is too far back for an Arrow mid-pipe to be fitted to it.

The exhaust in pics 2 and 3 looks like the stock headers with the cat eliminator mid-pipe. You should be able to fit an Arrow shorty to that (replacing the mid-pipe with the Arrow mid-pipe of course).

The pipes go that brassy colour from heat after using them a couple of times. That's normal.
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The problem is your Titanium headers. You must get rid of them immediately! I will take them off your hands for you because of my helpful and generous nature.

Seriously, you can use the arrow stubby with the titanium headers, but the arrow mid pipe that goes with the stubby exhaust will have to be modified. It has to cut, bent, and re-welded. I had the race headers on one of my Brutales and that is what I had to do. The titanium headers and the factory race headers are longer than the stock headers. The only arrow mid pipe for the stubby exhaust is made for stock headers.

CAG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts