MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to get togther a list of Houston, Texas area MV owners that might be interested in getting together and riding occasionally. So far I know of two; lorenzotx (Larry), and b42day (Carlos). I met and rode with Larry last Saturday, along with my Mille-riding friend Buddy, and we rode out to Fayetteville. Of course, we took all the nice, twisty back roads we could along the way - a distance of about 90 miles each way. We left early and kept it short to try to get back before the worst of the midday heat. I neglected to bring my camera, but fortunately, Larry had his along and got a few pix when we arrived in Fayetteville (see the related thread "Texas Breakfast Run"). I'm the 'older' guy behind the F4.

So if you live in the area and would like to join in on the fun, PM or email me and I'll get a list going.

Ciao,
John :drummer:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
John,
I'm already on your "list" :) I hope it is a good list and not a sh**t list :). When's the next Texas run so I may play with my schedule.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not in Houston often, but may get down there (family in the area). Let me know when something is forming, and I will try to get down there.

Larry tried to get me out when he was up in Austin but I was not able to get out that time.

·
Registered
261 Posts
SteveC said:
Not in Houston often, but may get down there (family in the area). Let me know when something is forming, and I will try to get down there.

Larry tried to get me out when he was up in Austin but I was not able to get out that time.
Steve,
I went riding with John the other day for a breakfast run out to Fayetteville and we did some pretty nice roads from Houston out west, (see the Texas Breakfast Run on the MV sightings forum). I probably will be back in Austin sometime in a couple of weeks. I will let you know when. If you are in Houston get a hold of John (Falcopilot) and maybe yall could get together on some Saturday morning. We like to leave early to bet both the heat and the traffic. I definetely look forward to getting the Texas MV riders together for some rides, especially in the Hill Country.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
b42day said:
John,
I'm already on your "list" :) I hope it is a good list and not a sh**t list :). When's the next Texas run so I may play with my schedule.
Larry, I'm free to ride most weekends, and usually don't plan much for these short summer BTH rides. There's just so many places you can go, and get back by noon. I'll be glad wne the weather starts to cool some, around November or so. If you're going to be in town this weekend call me.

Ciao

·
Registered
281 Posts
JamesC/Amer, my son goes to school in Abilene - that is not far from you folks, right? Perhaps I can swing East, when I move him back up, at the end of August?

:eek: Wait, it is not that close.... 180 miles from Abilene to Dallas....

·
Registered
601 Posts
I am in Houston and willing to go riding some time. I am still under the 600 mile-mark on the bike so maybe a good idea to take it for service first, or not ....

Anyways, I leave west of Houston, so let's keep in touch.

Think I saw you getting your bike out of the shop the day you were getting your from the 600 mile service and I was buying mine.

·
Registered
281 Posts
hes said:
Think I saw you getting your bike out of the shop the day you were getting your from the 600 mile service and I was buying mine.
I assume that you are referring to Larry. Ironically, I think Larry saw me infor my 600 mile service, as he was buying his bike.

How are you liking the bike so far?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
hes said:
Did you just buy the matt black F4 from Houston Motorsports? I had my red/silver F4 in for 600 mile service last Thursday/Friday. David told me he prepped the black bike for delivery. Geoff had called me earlier in the week saying he had someone interested in the F4 who wanted to see something other than the black scheme. He asked me if I would bring it around for viewing, and I told him I'd be in for 1st service. I'll be darned. Wish I was there when you picked it up.

I'm supposed to meet a guy from work tomorrow morning at the Exxon station on I-10 at Dairy Ashford at 7:00 AM for a short run up to Waller on mostly empty back roads. About 60-70 miles out. There's a mexican cafe serves a decent breakfast for under $5. The ride is pretty pleasant that time of morning, and you are welcome to join us. I'd like to get back early since there's a 50% chance of rain. I sent you another PM so you've got my number.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lorenzotx said:
John,
I am still out of town this weekend, but next weekend may be a possibility.

Larry
Give me a call when you get back to town and we'll put together another ride. I met Hernon (hes) today, and we took a short ride out to Waller for breakfast. I took him down a few choice roads with as many curves as I could find on such a short run. He just bought the black F4 from Houston Motorsports last Friday, so we have another proud new MV owner in Houston. He lives out near your area of town. Talk to you later.

P.S. I made a copy of the route we ran last time, and I'll bring it for you next time I see you.

·
Registered
261 Posts
John,
I cant tell you how bad it is to be stuck out of town without the bike. To make matters worse, I am in southern Arizona, the weather is beautiful, roads are great and no bike to ride. This sucks. Hope you guys had a good morning run. Baring any familiy interference, I should be able to meet you again this next Saturday. BTW, how is the F4 running?. Does Hes have any of the same issues you had?. I hope to get the PC III and my new BMC air filter installed before next Saturday. It will be interesting see how much better it runs. Its not running bad right now with the midpipe in and the cat out, what a dfference that made.

Later,
Larry

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Larry,
The F4 is running fine since Dave at HM tweaked the TPS and CO settings, using the FAQ as a guide. No more stumble off-idle, and it hasn't stalled once in over 250 miles. Hernon didn't mention any issues with hesitation or stalling, but I just forgot to bring it up.

Have you looked into "de-restricting" the factory cans? (i.e. knock out the baffles).

Hope you can make it this weekend. I'll see if Carlos is available too.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I am going to try my best to met everyone this Saturday. I would love to see Carlos's new Senna, certainly some good pic opportunities. I would love to see a shot of a black F4, red/silver F4, Senna and a Brutale all in the same picture at a local breakfast place. The locals wont know how to act, good eye candy for the forum as well.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everything is still open at this point. I know Hernan is taking the MSF course this weekend so he's not available. Haven't heard back from Carlos on the email yet. I talk to a couple of my Houston euro-rider friends tonight at Achille's and see if anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
261 Posts
John,
Let me know where you want to meet Saturday and I am there. (assuming no familial gotchas waiting for me when I get home). I have been out of town now for two and half weeks and Im ready to get home.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it this Saturday. I'll be working. Please take pics and be safe. I will meet you next time.
Carlos

1 - 18 of 18 Posts