MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a dealer in the eastcost? Im in Atlanta.. and only 1 dealer is in my area.. which they do not want to deal...

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
sniperm;
this is 'Help Map' read the title....this isn't where you look for dealers:naughty::naughty::naughty:
Moved it......

BTW......welcome to the forum sniperm.......

·
Administrator
19,486 Posts
Go see Anthony at Riders Hill aka European Motorsports. Blue Moon sells and services BMWs. They have MVs but don't really love them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry.. Didnt know where to post..

I called bluemoon.. and yes... they told me MV are not popular with them..Ill try rider hills and european next week.. btw, Are you guys getting and deals on the bike? Or everyone pays msrp?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
btw, Are you guys getting and deals on the bike? Or everyone pays msrp?
Prices are very negotiable. Tell 'em you're Ed Eskew's long lost love child and you'll get the bike for cost.......:naughty:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Sorry.. Didnt know where to post..

I called bluemoon.. and yes... they told me MV are not popular with them..Ill try rider hills and european next week.. btw, Are you guys getting and deals on the bike? Or everyone pays msrp?
No, European is the only real dealer and they still have a lot on their floor plan for a bit. If you aren't looking for a new model then you should be able to work with them.

Decent service guys too, loaned me a tool and had a part on stock when I had a breakdown on blood mountain.

When you say Atlanta do you mean Atlanta proper? Do you ride around town already?

·
Administrator
19,486 Posts
Prices are very negotiable. Tell 'em you're Ed Eskew's long lost love child and you'll get the bike for cost.......:naughty:

:jsm:

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
What exactly would qualify a dealer to be a "good" dealer in Your eyes ?
A dealer who gives You a discount on the bike You want to buy ?
Or a dealer who does service Your bike and pampers You well in the future ?
The dealer margin at MV Agusta is 5%.
So do You think that Your dealer doesn't deserve a bottle of beer and a hot dog for dinner ?
And than You come to the same dealer You low balled and ask him to do a free of charge software update, right ?
This will take 30 mins out of Your dealers time and he will not get a penny.
By the way he bought with his own money the diagnostic unit.
In addition to use it he had to buy a computer to.
So where are You standing calling dealers bad and look for better ones ?

·
Administrator
19,486 Posts
I think Ryan's experience with loaned tool and parts in stock says a lot about European Motorsports / Riders Hill

.....plus, Anthony cooks pancakes for breakfast on the veranda every weekend during the good weather months. What more can you ask?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
So do You think that Your dealer doesn't deserve a bottle of beer and a hot dog for dinner ?
And than You come to the same dealer You low balled and ask him to do a free of charge software update, right ?
I'm guessing Ed's in and out of a couple hundred dealerships each year because of his work, and has done so for the last 30 plus years. I'm gonna guess he's got a pretty good grip on the definition of good dealers and bad.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I'm guessing Ed's in and out of a couple hundred dealerships each year because of his work, and has done so for the last 30 plus years. I'm gonna guess he's got a pretty good grip on the definition of good dealers and bad.
I didn't ask Ed, I addressed this to the guy who opened this thread, old fella.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
How about knowing their product? Stocking regular parts so service can be completed in a timely manner (be it warranty or paid for)? Someone competent in their service department? A good bedside manner?

Haggling for a price and getting good service are not unreasonable, if it were nobody would have ever bought a car and we would still be riding horses.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
How about knowing their product? Stocking regular parts so service can be completed in a timely manner (be it warranty or paid for)? Someone competent in their service department? A good bedside manner?

Haggling for a price and getting good service are not unreasonable, if it were nobody would have ever bought a car and we would still be riding horses.
Good points Ryan.
But I do believe that parts supply is on a way to be better since a while now.
Isn't it?
And You are in so far right that many dealers know more or less only the newer generations of MV's.
My F4S 2001 was might the first old F4 at Riders Hill.
However, they never turned me down.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Its better if the dealer chooses to exercise it. I came in well late in the game and, like this person, I went there looking for service and/or parts (out of warranty so they get paid, BTW) and they immediately said "Nothing can be done faster than 3 weeks because any part takes that long to get from Italy." And this was asking about service items like fuel hoses/fittings, etc. So I bought them from ProItalia and did them myself 6 days later.

John is a decent guy to hang with and if you ever get a chance to check out his house/shop I strongly recommend it but unless you are prepared to talk BMW expect a quiet evening. Its his thing so its their thing and that is fine, but you cant expect people to recommend his shop for anything but BMWs and maybe Urals. Im surprised/confused that he still has MVs, it seems like they don't really care to carry them or service them.

European is another matter. Yeah, its not their bread and butter, but they at least seem to know a bit about them and often used keep parts on stock. Im sure it helps they carry other Italian makes and are familiar with the needs. Id actually like to try to send more money their way if they ever had anything. I think I have bought two t-shirts from them because that is all I could get with an MV logo on it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts