MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please share your experience. thinking of getting one, however not so sure that its needed:

- is it really needed if i mainly ride in the city not offroad and not on gravel?
- this particular, is it a good reliable piece with all the fixture required, sits tight, no tangling etc?
- what guard do you use? any concerns shal be taken into account?

https://evotech-performance.com/products/mv-turismo-veloce-800-radiator-guard-2016

thanks a lot !

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought the one from R&G racing, they both look very similar. Easy to fit and to be honest I would not ride a single mile without it. The radiator is very exposed, for the price for me it's a no brainer. I've never ridden on gravel, but with roadworks, broken roads you just never know when shit gets shot up into the radiator. I've heard stones rattle a few times up into the radiator, mainly at about 40 to 60 km/h when I can still hear them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have one of theirs on my Yamaha FJ-09.

Fit and finish was excellent. I am one that is all about protection. So this was one of the first things I installed.

Would buy from them again.

·
Registered
459 Posts
please share your experience. thinking of getting one, however not so sure that its needed:

- is it really needed if i mainly ride in the city not offroad and not on gravel?
- this particular, is it a good reliable piece with all the fixture required, sits tight, no tangling etc?
- what guard do you use? any concerns shal be taken into account?

https://evotech-performance.com/products/mv-turismo-veloce-800-radiator-guard-2016

thanks a lot !
I ordered a guard from R&G Racing in the UK on Monday; DHL says it's to be delivered today!
https://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/MV_Agusta/Turismo_Veloce_800/2016/RAD0167/

I liked the appearance of the R&G product.
Plus it has relief holes for the emissions canister fasteners.

It just arrived, now I have something to do today...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Have an R&G on my TVL, great fit and protection. Showing some minor signs of wear now at 17,000 miles where it seems stones have hit it and taken the coating off. However, over that mileage that's no suprise really. Still very functional and doing it's job of protecting the rad.

Have ordered and received a bunch of Evotech parts for the incoming Multistrada 1260, including their rad guard. Quality seems really good, maybe a notch above R&G IMHO.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have the Evotech on my Stradale (same fitment) and it's really nice — almost like it could have come from the factory.

The R&G kit didn't quite look as attractive IMO, and it doesn't fit quite as neatly (there's some zip ties to attach it to the radiator, I believe, whereas the Evotech is all bolted on).

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
They're not going to protect from every conceivable impact but will certainly help up to a point. Not sure if the Evotech one would have been better or not in that scenario. I think they are maybe a little more substantial than the R&G ones, more stamped plate than mesh style (yes I know the R&G ones are stamped out of sheet to start with but they do seem a bit thiner). The Evotech guard I've ordered for the Faultistrada is being fitted by the supplying dealer but I've ordered various other bits (heavier bar-ends, front head cover and crash bungs) from them that will be fitted as soon as I get the bike home and they do look really good quality. Time will tell.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Which one of the two mentioned would seem best to keep the bugs out of the radiator? Which has the smallest diameter holes for air passage?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have you noticed the bike running hotter as a result of using a guard? My TVL is fine while I am moving but in stop and go traffic the temp goes up considerably, especially when ambient temps are in the 80's or higher (27C).

Tim

·
Registered
870 Posts
Have you noticed the bike running hotter as a result of using a guard? My TVL is fine while I am moving but in stop and go traffic the temp goes up considerably, especially when ambient temps are in the 80's or higher (27C).

Tim

Well. I can't say if it runs hotter, but even by 38+°C, there is no issue with a radiator guard as per my own experience.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I did not notice any difference in operating temp after installing the R&G Racing guard.
Blasting across the desert @ 70MPH, ambient temp low 90sF. The temp gauge stayed one increment below the 1/2 mark.

My experience so far tells me the MV likes a lot of air rammed through the radiators.
Filtering through freeway traffic the temp gauge goes to 1 increment past the 1/2 mark. I've never seen the temp gauge higher.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts