MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, so I'm about to trade my 2015 TV(2,5K miles) with a brand new 2018 TVL, for the purpose of getting the one without issues. I've had at least 5 troubles with my existing 2015 TV 3 of which are still persistent.

- Clutch Pressure sensor has been replaced from warranty (faulty sensor)
- Display going dead after a rainy day. (fixed by dealer)
- Quickshifter malfunction (still continues)
- Cruise control malfunction (continues)
- Coolant leak(continues)

They say 2018 models are free of almost all issues that were persistent on earlier models. Is that true, does anyone have a 2018 yet to talk about it?

Please let me know. Thanks!

BTW they almost sold me a 2018 TV RC but wife threatened me of divorce for those red rims on it lol

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hey guys, so I'm about to trade my 2015 TV(2,5K miles) with a brand new 2018 TVL, for the purpose of getting the one without issues. I've had at least 5 troubles with my existing 2015 TV 3 of which are still persistent.

- Clutch Pressure sensor has been replaced from warranty (faulty sensor)
- Display going dead after a rainy day. (fixed by dealer)
- Quickshifter malfunction (still continues)
- Cruise control malfunction (continues)
- Coolant leak(continues)

They say 2018 models are free of almost all issues that were persistent on earlier models. Is that true, does anyone have a 2018 yet to talk about it?

Please let me know. Thanks!

BTW they almost sold me a 2018 TV RC but wife threatened me of divorce for those red rims on it lol

There is very limited feedback on 2018 models. Would try to replace the battery to see if it solves the quickshifter and cruise control issues. I remember some suggesting this having their issues solved after a change of battery. For the Coolant leak, cold, the level is at the min in the recipient. If it is upper than the min level, it will leak during the rides.

Last points:

- if you want to go for a TVL, go try the electronic suspension first. Some have reported it is not as per their expectations. Further, having to rely on a non reliable Bluetooth connexion to set suspension is just madness

- I would wait for the major update of the TV mentioned by MCN. Few reasons to this: there maybe good opportunity on 2018 models, and eventually the updates may propose something much better

Your move

·
Registered
909 Posts
Another thing to note : workshop manual says that the bike need to be tilted 45° with the front upper to remove any bubble while doing an initial filling of the coolant (and sometimes, they don't read the F* manual in workshops). If you had a leak due to a bubble in the circuitry, the bubble won't disappear if you don't tilt the bike during the refill… I suggest you ask about the procedure they use to refill coolant (specially if the issue is still there).

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't think there are many 2018 owners out there. I have 2017 and although not done a lot of millage no issues so far... And love the bike...

The Bluetooth suspension is easy to change in pushing complete maps, not gone through fine tuning.

I would either wait for the major release as suggested unless you can get a deal on older 2018 models once the new one has been released. However, a major release may come with a new set of minor issues...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not as of yet. Not even my dealer has a 2018 on their floor. I do love the new colors. I would like to ride one to see if the updates make a difference on the drivetrain noises.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the answers guys. I know there's a major overhaul coming in in a couple months but I'm in serious need for a more reliable model of TV, to replace my troubled 2015 TV since I need a ride for my euro trip this summer.

What I'm planning to do is get a brand new 2018 TVL and trade it next year with the newer 2019 upgraded model.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Have a MY17 TV RC - has been faultless. Haven't incurred any of the issues of the earlier models to date

Reactions: Onuro

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is very limited feedback on 2018 models. Would try to replace the battery to see if it solves the quickshifter and cruise control issues. I remember some suggesting this having their issues solved after a change of battery. For the Coolant leak, cold, the level is at the min in the recipient. If it is upper than the min level, it will leak during the rides.

Last points:

- if you want to go for a TVL, go try the electronic suspension first. Some have reported it is not as per their expectations. Further, having to rely on a non reliable Bluetooth connexion to set suspension is just madness

- I would wait for the major update of the TV mentioned by MCN. Few reasons to this: there maybe good opportunity on 2018 models, and eventually the updates may propose something much better

Your move
Bluetooth connection not required to adjust the suspension. All settings can be altered on the dash.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Bluetooth connection not required to adjust the suspension. All settings can be altered on the dash.
As per my understanding you can change presets from the Dashboard. However, you can't change the way the suspension are set for each preset unless you use the application. However, I don't have a TVL, but a TV, so my understanding maybe wrong...

·
Registered
53 Posts
As per my understanding you can change presets from the Dashboard. However, you can't change the way the suspension are set for each preset unless you use the application. However, I don't have a TVL, but a TV, so my understanding maybe wrong...
That's OK. What I believe that I was told when I bought my Lusso, (rightly or wrongly?) was that you can't modify factory preset combinations, such as Rain, Touring or Sport, with or without the Apple App. Each individual setting can be adjusted/reset with or without the App, but the App apparently lets you save some customised "favourite combinations" of the various settings for easy reloading.

I don't have an Apple phone and the Android version of the App wasn't available when I asked, so can't confirm how to save any favourite settings.

Regards
John

·
Registered
90 Posts
HI, I have one of the first TVs from spring 2015. Yes I have had some issues. Quickshifter replaced, Clutch switch replaced, Various other minor issues. AND have had all of the recalls and updates done. BUT have massively enjoyed over 15k miles on euro trips over that last 3 years and have another planned for this year. I really believe that if you have a good dealer they build your confidence. I have been and continue to be supported fully by Cooper Motorcycles in Scotland. The only time I have been let down on a euro trip in the last 10 years was on a BMW K1300s, which quit on me completely with some dodgy electrics... I'd love to change my TV for a new one. To be specific an RC SCS. BUT watching the miles (of pure fun) grow on my original TV is such fun its a no brainer to just keep going. Hope youre dealer gets you some respite . Dave

·
Registered
411 Posts
My 2016 TVL repairs should last. I am at 16000 miles and have no plans to sell. If a better riding and looking bike comes out, send me the link!

·
Registered
76 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts