MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some more info on the tip-over switch. which i belive is called the antidumping control device. this is on the F4 1000.

here's what i need:
1. location - where is it on the bike?
2. operation - how does it work? specifically, if i interrupt the ground connection on this device, will that disable the bike and prevent it from starting? i belive it should disable the fuel pump.

this relates to the phatom tracker - the gps/gsm tracking device for motorcycles. they need a way to disable the motorcycle to prevent a hot-wire theft.

thanks,
alex

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi Alex
Why not simply use the GPS alarm to disable the fuel pump, starter relay and ignition simultaneously?
All you'd need are additional automotive relays to switch over when the disable is...err...enabled...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
beearch said:
Hi Alex
Why not simply use the GPS alarm to disable the fuel pump, starter relay and ignition simultaneously?
All you'd need are additional automotive relays to switch over when the disable is...err...enabled...
that's the current plan. however, an additional relay will have to be added.

however, if there is a way to interrupt a ground connection, then the phantom tracker can be installed as-is. the tracker has a normally-closed switched ground feed (i.e. ground is connected in the "operating" mode). the ideal setup would be to find a ground point in the MV electrical system such that when that ground is disabled (switch goes open in "theft" mode) the bike cannot be started.

looking at the 1k bike's wiring diagram, i believe that the ground for the antidumping device will do just that. but it needs to be tested and verified, of course.

i was just hoping that maybe someone here would know a little about that thing.

thanks,
alex

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i just found out what that "antidumping" device is.

it's the injector that feed's the fuel into the #2 cylinder as part of the engine braking system - otherwise know as the electronic slipper clutch.

so, that's not going to work for my purposes.

looks like i'll have to rig up a relay.

alex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts