MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to get used to my bike a bit more now. I'm wondering what other owners think to the Anti-skip system which is a bit like a slipper clutch I suppose. I find it's quite good but a bit strange at first. Haven't really screamed into a corner yet to give it a full test but it seems OK. :)

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
For me it's okay. A bit like a twostroke. Heard enough people who didn't like because they miss the engine break.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I dont care for it much.. I mean its better then NOT having it, but the traditional slipper clutch system is definitely the way to go.. I have a Yoyodyne slipper clutch on my Race R1 and it behaves SO much better then that of the agusta's ESC (electronic slipper clutch) :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
I would much rather MV used a real slipper clutch system. Someday I will have the electronic solenoid deactivated and install the STM Slipper Clutch.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
John,
I am no expert at all in the field of slipper clutches, but what I can tell you is you become quite accustom to the electronic type, a little unnerving at first when entering at speed into a corner, but once you know what to expect, its all good. I have found it quite predictable, as close as to a mechanical type. As for the intended use, you can depend on the rear being perfectly stable and true, and after all thats the real and only purpose.

Oh and you also get use to that strange Pphhht sound it makes! :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
agusta01 said:
John,
I am no expert at all in the field of slipper clutches, but what I can tell you is you become quite accustom to the electronic type, a little unnerving at first when entering at speed into a corner, but once you know what to expect, its all good. I have found it quite predictable, as close as to a mechanical type. As for the intended use, you can depend on the rear being perfectly stable and true, and after all thats the real and only purpose.

Oh and you also get use to that strange Pphhht sound it makes! :)
Not true really, when I go to a turn hot on my R1 with a slipper clutch I can down shift twice and apply power and the power delivery is smooth.

With the Electronic engine braking system that agusta uses it sputters if you try and power through the turn you dont seem to get the same smooth power delivery as you would with all cyclinders firing using a standard slipper clutch..

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
My point was simply that being predictable, you can do something about it....ie don't expect it to operate in a similar way to a ramp mechanical type clutch. This is where the problems and concerns start....
As I said the sole purpose of the slipper clutch is to allow rapid gear downshifts and evtreem hard de accceleration without the rear wheel locking or chattering, thereby loosing traction and stability at the crucial entry point.
And in my humble opinion the MV version dose this in spades. I agree with your point though that the hole in the power drive out of the corner is a problem...but if its expected, you can compensate. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
agusta01 said:
My point was simply that being predictable, you can do something about it....ie don't expect it to operate in a similar way to a ramp mechanical type clutch. This is where the problems and concerns start....
As I said the sole purpose of the slipper clutch is to allow rapid gear downshifts and evtreem hard de accceleration without the rear wheel locking or chattering, thereby loosing traction and stability at the crucial entry point.
And in my humble opinion the MV version dose this in spades. I agree with your point though that the hole in the power drive out of the corner is a problem...but if its expected, you can compensate. :)
True, but Iam lazy and have too many other things to compensate for HAHA :laughing:

·
Registered
151 Posts
agusta01 said:
And I bet you are not telling!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Damn it have you been talking to my ex wife :blush:

Its all lies I tell you :cussing:

Iam sooooooooo tempted to take my agusta to the track after this last weekend.. I just raced at willow on sunday.. I run a 04 R1 out there it performs beautifully, but the handling of the MV is what I want.. just gotta get a STM slipper for the MV then MAYBE ;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
thecraw-r1f4 said:
True, but Iam lazy and have too many other things to compensate for HAHA :laughing:

Hey Payman I didn't know you were here!! I've just put down a deposit on an MVF41000S after crashing my R1, I've still got pins in my broken hand and can't put weight on my ankle. Pick my new bike early June.
Mike (redrocket996)

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
reptile said:
Hey Payman I didn't know you were here!! I've just put down a deposit on an MVF41000S after crashing my R1, I've still got pins in my broken hand and can't put weight on my ankle. Pick my new bike early June.
Mike (redrocket996)
All the wish at healing up. Congrats on your soon-to-be F4 1000, however!

·
Registered
438 Posts
does my SPR have the electronic slipper clutch?? or is it only the 1000s?

·
Registered
438 Posts
ah.....thats one thing i wish they had on the SPR is a slipper clutch. i'll save my pennies and buy an STM one of these days

·
Registered
225 Posts
admin said:
All the wish at healing up. Congrats on your soon-to-be F4 1000, however!

Thanks I've always wanted an MV from the first time I saw one and laying in hospital morphined up I just decided "what the hell" lifes too short and decided there and then that as soon as I got home I would order one. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
reptile said:
Thanks I've always wanted an MV from the first time I saw one and laying in hospital morphined up I just decided "what the hell" lifes too short and decided there and then that as soon as I got home I would order one. :)
Hey Mike, Iam glad you are doing better!!.. Iam sorry to hear about your crash :( but its good to see you are well enough to get a MV1000 good choice :naughty:

I love mine so far! Ya know I sold the silver 750 and got a Red/Silver 1000 .. Its a fantastic bike, really a blast to ride. So instead I made my R1 into a race only bike!

Gonna try and catch a motogp in europe hehe, Iam still working on making it back to uk and europe again this year..

Man your Agusta is right around the corner another approx 2 months, just so I can beat alvin to it. Add it to registry :stickpoke as soon as you get it :laughing:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi Payman, I'm also getting the F41000s in red and silver and I'll register it on here as soon as. The R1 is not too badly damaged, I did a really good job of saving it! It's mostly fairing damage and so the R1 is going to be turned into a track bike. :grin:

BTW sorry for hijacking the thread!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts