MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without doubt a great talent.... BUT..... has he still got it???? or is partying more his bag?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I don't believe it.

Sad but, you can't touch a rider who's going to give you bad press off the track.

There are plenty of professional racers out there who will act like professionals on and off the track.

Not saying I wouldn't like to see Gobert on the bike, he's one of my favorite riders ever. But I just kinda doubt this. I have yet to hear anything from him stating "I was wrong", which is a major part of getting people to take you seriously again.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
WOW, Very hard to believe though.
I know Anthony and his brothers (raced against them when they were small enough to beat), but I think he has lost his opportunity and burnt his chances.
He was given a Honda Superbike ride down here last year and wobbled around in about 15th or something. I spoke with him a couple of times and he was genuinely hurt and really trying to redeem himself ... but.. he got caught speeding etc in his Porcshe and well.. whent off the scene yet again.
If this were true, and he did get fit and serious I would be the first to say "good on ya mate", but seems a bit of a long shot?.
Shame really.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I agree 100%. I really wish he'd clean it up and get back to it.

People with natural talent, and know it, sometimes end up like this unfortunately.

That guy was magic to watch though.

Ever seen the movie "Good Will Hunting"? Heh.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Seems like an impossibility but would make a great Hollywood story. Go-show in comeback takes MV Agusta to the top again. He sure was unreal to watch in his prime........sadly a lost talent. :freezing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts