MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 brutale 910s.
Hey all. I am in the US and I have been another MV victim of poor craftsmanship. Coming to a stop, it just flew off an shattered. Any word on the maker/former of the glass? I would love to call them directly. $1500 for a whole unit is stupid. I used to love this bike, but it seems as though I need to go back to the Japanese mfg. as they don't have shit just fall off. The only thing worse than this is a duc.
I am looking to replace it, and sell it if any are interested.
Any info on glass location, or even made in china replacement will work.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
it was a bad batch of adhesive so i have been told
could be worth getting touch with MV direct you could get it at a discount ....

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
PM CAG (Carl) he always has an eye out for Brutie headlights. He may actually have one, and it'll only cost you $1499.95.......(juuuust kiddin)

·
Registered
33 Posts
My mate has a brand new one for sale i think i saw it round his last time i was there,im sure he will be open to an offer on it! let me know and ill pass it on to him?

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
It's a well documented problem but annoying as heck. It shouldn't be a pre-requisite of Brutale ownership to study all of this stuff on a forum just so that expensive parts don't fall off your bike...

joe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love looking back and seeing what I have typed in anger and frustration. I cant get rid of this thing. its too awesome. and if I was single I could get laid twice a day just by riding it around! Thanks for all the good and funny comments. I did turn it into my insurance so I only have to pay the deductible ($250) and they are going to right me a check for it. :)
I am going to PM Carl.
Oh, does anyone know if the 2010 light will fit? and will my wire plug on the bike now ( its an 06) plug right into the 2010? Someone has pm'd me and they have one from a 2010 at a good price.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
There was a thread on that and I think the plug had to be changed. You can try to find it through a search and if you are lucky you will find it.

·
Administrator
20,004 Posts
Should not cost $1500 !!!! Your dealer is screwing you. Who quoted that price???

Check other dealers for pricing. My 2008 has not had a problem. 20K + miles now.

Sorry yours fell off. They don't ALL fall off. Glad your insurance is covering.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
esq'z- ya. all the dealers around and on the internet are asking 1500. you have to replace the whole light assembly. kinda lame when all i need is the glass and some better glue to glue it on. the next one I get i'm going to put a grille on it like the buell xb9sx that i used to have. give it a bit of a mad max look, and atleast keep it from falling to the ground if it comes unglued again.
I only have around 15k miles on mine now, and have had quite a few bolts just fall off or almost off. I went through everything and replaced missing ones, and torqued and wax marked all of them so I can check if any are turning. used some locktite on the ones that fell out. engine mount bolt was a scary one as I was ridding a canyon at the time and felt it luckily. you might just double check your glass for looseness. it seems that it is glued on with clear silicone. hahaha

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
your dealer is a thief!

last time i checked with ProItalia
p# 8000A1786 was ~$1074

just tried it again, new part number comes up #800098965 (USA spec)

http://store.proitalia.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=800098965

$1009.69

still a rip off:wtf::wtf:
the right hand drive is only :)jerkoff:)$600.94 P#800097124

buy the right hand drive one and save $900 over what you were quoted:drummer::drummer::drummer:

·
Administrator
20,004 Posts
Seems like when I had my little oops in some gravel and broke my headlight glass I paid about $600 for replacement unit from my dealer in Atlanta. No discounts. When I get home I'll pull the invoice from the file and check.
It was 3 years ago, but I don't think they've gone up that much. Pro-Italia has always had price accelerators in their system, adding 10% or so to the MSRP (not an uncommon practice at all dealers).

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I can't get rid of this thing. its too awesome. and if I was single I could get laid twice a day just by riding it around!
And this my friends, is why we ride a Brutie. The same can be said for F4 riders with the exception that they'd be traversing the "dirt road"....:jsm:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
If you can't get one from Carl, and I would try him first for sure, then have a look at Star Twin Trading they do a great job with the OEM stuff, and better pricing than Pro-Italia as far as I could see. - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

·
Super Moderator
22,445 Posts
And this my friends, is why we ride a Brutie. The same can be said for F4 riders with the exception that they'd be traversing the "dirt road"....:jsm:
Randy, read his quote again, he was referring to The Road less Traveled.
(i.e F4 riders LAY; Brutale Riders "Get Laid"... don't take my word for it, call 3019:smoking:)

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
prices?

Ed;
the reason i post the prices from ProItalia is because its easy to check all you need is a part# type it in and click on search:drummer:
if they are +10% then your dealer should be less by the same amount

and the Brutale headlight took a $3-400 jump a while back too

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Randy, read his quote again, he was referring to The Road less Traveled.
(i.e F4 riders LAY; Brutale Riders "Get Laid"... don't take my word for it, call 3019:smoking:)

Weak Biggie, weak......:stickpoke

1 - 20 of 29 Posts