MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moto Forza Italia at Silverstone have closed. A real shame, I'd had excellent service from them in the 18 months I've owned my TV. Martin, Tracey and Andy the mechanic are all really decent people, I hope all is well with them.
from their website:
Moto Forza Italia

Following a number of recent changes to our circumstances, both business and personal, we have realised we are unable to continue running Moto Forza Italia as a business and, as such, have taken the difficult decision to close the business with immediate effect.
We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
We would however like to thank everyone for their continued support over the past 20 years.

·
Registered
91 Posts
What a shame. I made a trip over there last weekend to see about getting my bike serviced in a couple of weeks. They did mention that they might be moving to a new unit at the site but it appeared to be business as usual. They also mentioned a new U.K. dealership opening up in Wolverhampton. If you look on the UK MV website it now lists MV Agusta West Midlands at the same address as Ducati Wolverhampton. This must be very recent as the listed website link doesn't work yet and there's no mention of MV on the existing Ducati Wolverhampton website.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Oh dear :( That's a crap bit of news. Explains the somewhat odd rejection of my business in February when I asked if I could book my MV in for a service in April. Was told that they were relocating and couldn't be sure that they would have a functioning workshop by then. When I spoke to them late last year after Ed Cosker went out if business they were keen. From what I heard when I was at Motocorsa the other day; they were having their lease terminated (or not renewed) by Silverstone, their landlord, as the site was going to be redeveloped. If there are other personal factors in play then it doesn't suprise me.

A shame as by all accounts Martin and Tracy have a great reputation and a long history as an MV dealership. I dropped in for a chat last summer, lovely people. I wish them all the best.

Ducati Wolverhampton... if it's just them taking up the franchise for the area... no thanks, 'nuf said. Will continue with Motocorsa despite the distance to travel.

·
Registered
571 Posts
This has come of a bit a of a surprise to me, I was only there 3 weeks ago.

I had dealt with Martin, Tracey and Andy throughout the 4 years of ownership of my F3, I found them to be honest reliable and one of the best dealers I have had the pleasure to deal with.

I would like to wish them all the best for the future.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
What a real shame they were really helpful to me earlier in 2016 and obviously will be sadly missed by many.Now where do I get my bike serviced? as living in Wales I'm stuck without travelling miles to get it done and my book up to date.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Seems Wolverhampton Ducati may have had rights to the MV Agusta West Mids franchise for a while...or at least the name!

MV AGUSTA WEST MIDLANDS LIMITED was formed on the 15th September 2003 (filed on the 30th June 2016) , and are based in Ducati Wolverhampton, High Street. They are currently rated N and are considered to represent a below average risk score. Their credit score was last updated on 31st October 2015 when it was changed to the current N from D. Companies house classifies them as Dormant. This information was last updated on the 9th February 2017.

There are 2 major shareholders listed for MV AGUSTA WEST MIDLANDS LIMITED with Anthony Dawson and Dawn Dawson owning the most shares by value.

Shame....with Ed Cosker's going out of business, I was hoping Sliverstone would be my next visit...

·
Registered
461 Posts
A real shame indeed, dealers like them are becoming fewer and farther afield now....

What a real shame they were really helpful to me earlier in 2016 and obviously will be sadly missed by many.Now where do I get my bike serviced? as living in Wales I'm stuck without travelling miles to get it done and my book up to date.
I agree where do you now go to get your MV serviced without travelling a substantial distance? Matters over here are not looking too good either, very much get the impression that the dealer has had enough with MV...looks like France will be my best bet before too long! I had better sign up to those evening classes in French. :smile2:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thats a shame thats were i bought my 910s from good to deal with
delivered bike as requested no problems also bought carbon parts for my cagiva v raptor from them
always good to deal with.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Now where do I get my bike serviced? as living in Wales I'm stuck without travelling miles to get it done and my book up to date.
Have you tried Motocorsa? Can't be any further than Silverstone for you, possibly closer. Maybe not quite as nice a ride though...

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Seems Wolverhampton Ducati may have had rights to the MV Agusta West Mids franchise for a while...or at least the name!

MV AGUSTA WEST MIDLANDS LIMITED was formed on the 15th September 2003 (filed on the 30th June 2016) , and are based in Ducati Wolverhampton, High Street. They are currently rated N and are considered to represent a below average risk score. Their credit score was last updated on 31st October 2015 when it was changed to the current N from D. Companies house classifies them as Dormant. This information was last updated on the 9th February 2017.

There are 2 major shareholders listed for MV AGUSTA WEST MIDLANDS LIMITED with Anthony Dawson and Dawn Dawson owning the most shares by value.

Shame....with Ed Cosker's going out of business, I was hoping Sliverstone would be my next visit...
Wish I could say the same about Ed Cosker he did me a bad turn and I won't forget it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I rang MotoCorsa this afternoon and booked my Rivale in for service in two weeks. I was certainly pleased with the telephone experience and I'm hoping that the service on the day will be just as good. Just need the weather to be reasonable as its a good two hours to get there.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I rang MotoCorsa this afternoon and booked my Rivale in for service in two weeks. I was certainly pleased with the telephone experience and I'm hoping that the service on the day will be just as good. Just need the weather to be reasonable as its a good two hours to get there.
Biggest problem, like me, is that Bristol/Bath etc. are in the way so you need to try and time the journey not to coincide with peak traffic hours.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't think T-Moto are still trading. Nothing on their twitter feed since 2015 and no longer listed as a dealer on the UK MV Agusta website. Looking at Google street view it was little more than a scooter shop.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I think @Red800. who lives in the vicinity, didn't have anything to do with them instead buying his TV from Ed Cosker and returning there for servicing and parts etc. As Colin says, their broken and out of date web presence, as well as no longer being on the MV dealer locator, seems to indicate that they are no longer trading.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wish I could say the same about Ed Cosker he did me a bad turn and I won't forget it.
Glad to see I'm not alone with my view on him. Though it felt like it when I dared mention my dealings with him :nutkick:

Motocorsa were recommended to me by another MV dealer before I even owned one. So that's where I'll be taking mine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
After a few enquiries I can confirm that the premises used by T-Moto are now occupied by Weston Motorcycles who are dealers for a number of makes but they have no association with MV.

I also notice that MV have already removed Moto Forza Italia from the dealership list - I'm hoping that this is sign that MV are getting their act together as previously they have listed dealers for months after they have ceased trading.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good people there, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Bought my F4 and had it serviced there. No complaints :grin2:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Motocorsa are a few minutes up the road from me and highly recommended - quite a few roads to cut out Bath I often nip round the back roads and cut out A36 - also there is Kickstart in South Wales

1 - 20 of 40 Posts