MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Three different pictures three different forks...

·
Registered
253 Posts
What's scary.....is that...the last time they posted this for sale it garnered $22,000 in bids (probably schill), but still.....

I hope no one gets scammed by these guys.

Reminds me of some folks who were doing the same thing last year, using pics from bikesales.com.au. They had a slicker scheme going though; a fake website (importing business), and a few legitimate feedbacks from very small purchases made by them to aid in their illusion. Unfortunately, a few people were left on the hook for some deposits before that scam was removed.

Cheers

·
Registered
742 Posts
Guys, for what its worth, I sent the seller a message about his ad for the bike. He replied that the bike can be inspected at:

Randy’s Cycle
18307 Beck Road Marengo IL 60152
Phone: 815-923-0500 Fax: 815-923-0600
Toll Free Phone: 877-586-9446

I have not called them to verify, but anyone interested should start there first. Look them up on the web

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Guys, for what its worth, I sent the seller a message about his ad for the bike. He replied that the bike can be inspected at:

Randy’s Cycle
18307 Beck Road Marengo IL 60152
Phone: 815-923-0500 Fax: 815-923-0600
Toll Free Phone: 877-586-9446

I have not called them to verify, but anyone interested should start there first. Look them up on the web
Hi Chris,
Here is a link to the discussion the last time this bike was offered.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=120977

I'd be very interested if someone was to contact the team at Randy's Cycle to confirm if they actually have this bike on the shop floor because they don't have it listed in their inventory:

http://www.randyscycle.com/m_results.asp?page=1

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hi Chris,
Here is a link to the discussion the last time this bike was offered.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=120977

I'd be very interested if someone was to contact the team at Randy's Cycle to confirm if they actually have this bike on the shop floor because they don't have it listed in their inventory:

http://www.randyscycle.com/m_results.asp?page=1
Dave, yes I also noticed that it was not listed on their pre-owned inventory list. This would require a phone call for verification. If I get a chance I will call them Tuesday and see if it is there. I'll post here what I find out.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Dave, I wanted you to know that I called Randy's Cycle and he assured me that the bike is there and has all the items listed in the Ebay listing. Looks like it is not a scam after all. It has been relisted on Ebay.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would read the "Feedback" on the seller.......

The bike is a crap like the seller as well!!!Incomplete !!!
Jan 13, 2015

Very interesting......

Cheers

·
Registered
661 Posts
wow

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Dave, I wanted you to know that I called Randy's Cycle and he assured me that the bike is there and has all the items listed in the Ebay listing. Looks like it is not a scam after all. It has been relisted on Ebay.

I suspect that the bike may be there at Randy's Cycle, however, the person offering it for sale using the eBay username "johmcm-qnakliqx" does not have the right to do so.

I remain convinced that the eBay seller "johmcm-qnakliqx" is fraudulent and that that his listings are scams.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I spoke to both Randy and the owner Dr. McMahon and it doesn't appear to be a scam.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Based on the independent feedback that they have received I'd not consider this seller trustworthy.
I'll tell you what, if you google the quoted VIN you get page after page of listings on a huge range of bike for sale websites.

Motivated.

I've purchased bikes from the USA on five occasions and every single time had a better feeling about the seller than I get here.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I suspect that the bike may be there at Randy's Cycle, however, the person offering it for sale using the eBay username "johmcm-qnakliqx" does not have the right to do so.

I remain convinced that the eBay seller "johmcm-qnakliqx" is fraudulent and that that his listings are scams.
I agree with The_Castle and to me the feedback gave it away. Perhaps you wanna go inspect the bike in person and make sure it exist ( check the service history etc. )? Good luck with that or find another one which is is 100 % legit. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts