MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just picked up an '02 750 EV02 in immaculate condition this weekend.

I love the bike, but I have to say that the hour long ride to get it home left me with numb palms.

Are the fast by ferracci risers the only option available to alter the handlebar geometry? I would like to get the bar raised just a tad. The ferracci website mentions that the risers change the angle of the bars, but what practical effect does that have?

Anyone using these risers? The bike already has the non-auto retracting side stand, so I don't have to worry about that. It is completely stock otherwise. Anything else I should be looking at getting done based on your collective wisdom?

Thanks,
razi

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm told the risers help but primarily with angle, which should help since you won't be putting so much weight (Less agressive angle). Could also be your posture? Sounds like you are putting more weight on your arms instead of your lower torso?

Check out JamesC's MV FAQ site, which has various repair tips, hints etc
http://www.mvfaq.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
338 Posts
The bar raisers 'alter the handlebar geometry' which in turn reduces your sitting angle. Or in other words, this will allow you to sit slightly more upright, relieving pressure on your lower back and wrists.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Razi,

Congrats and welcome. That is, welcome to the numb wrist and finger club. Left or right?, where's your bulging disc.

Keep elbows bent and use knees on tank for relief, and better overall ride positioning. Working out, and neck and back exercises help me alot.

FBF risers will help, and throttlemeister for longer stretches, such as highway runs.

Be safe with that new baby!

Peter :wave:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
john-mark said:
Welcome: don't forget to register your bike before Alvin wakes up :stickpoke :laughing: :banghead:

Ha ha Ha, there's no stopping the kid now! :jsm: Nice to have you on board Razi. John-Mark is my son BTW :)

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Triple Seven said:
this is the only reason why i havent bought another 1000. it's too leaned over. hurts to ride. a riser might be the ticket.
Easy fix...........after 4 MVF4's, one set of www.performanceparts.de bars, either the 0deg one's or the multi adjustable type, set of rearsets or home made plates to drop the feet down and back about 1 inch, and put some foam UNDERNEATH the orig seat foam to arch the seat instead of it resembling a plank and hey presto, one touring version :) we probably do 200 miles in a day on "our" loop

·
Registered
328 Posts
razi said:
Hi all,

I love the bike, but I have to say that the hour long ride to get it home left me with numb palms.

Are the fast by ferracci risers the only option available to alter the handlebar geometry? I would like to get the bar raised just a tad. The ferracci website mentions that the risers change the angle of the bars, but what practical effect does that have?

Anyone using these risers? The bike already has the non-auto retracting side stand, so I don't have to worry about that. It is completely stock otherwise. Anything else I should be looking at getting done based on your collective wisdom?

Thanks,
razi
My 2000 F4 750 came with the feracci risers installed. I got the bike last thursday and haven't noticed any wrist pain in 500 miles of riding over 4 days. In fact, the riding position seems more relaxed than my old ZX-7R. The bars are angled out 8 more degrees, which is actually a lot and it helps. I don't know how much extra height it gives.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Before spending money on any bling or go fast mods, IMO having your bike custom fitted is a necessity. This typically initials adjusting bar height and angle, adjustable rear sets, and adjusting front and rear suspension for weight and type of riding.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
sometimes, as other threads have validated, just getting more riding time helps alot as you learn to adapt to the bike. clearly you can't use your arms to hold yourself up. it will feel like doing a moving pushup for however long you're riding. use your legs and relax. everyone tends to feel a little different after they've put more time riding time in.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Style One is right on the money. I posted the same concerns, but after playing with my body positioning and focusing on using my legs and stomach more to support myself things are working out much better. I just went for a 220 mile canyon ride last weekend and my arms/wrist weren't as sore as thought they'd be .... but my ass is killing me! I need to build up my leg and stomach muscles a bit more, that's all. Give yourself some more time, don't get discouraged, and listen to the great advice offered here.

·
Registered
479 Posts
The #1 reason to get the FBF risers is to keep your damn thumbs from getting smashed against the tank at full lock.

For a bike as beautifully designed and executed as the F4, this oversight was really surprising to me.

I like my FBF risers.

Cyclecat also has a product you could check out.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
razi said:
Hi all,

Thanks,
razi
Hello~ Razi
Razi,

Congrats on your MV and welcome.
well when i pick up my MV from San Diago took me 2hours
and same here give me numb palms too. even do i have ferracci risers
you well get use to it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats on the new bike Razi I just got mine a few weeks ago.

When I start to get the same feeling I straighten my back and take my left hand off the bar it helps a little.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I do some exercises - hands feet and back while I'm riding always changing positions etc.. Riding for one hour in one position on expressway would give anyone ergonomic problems.

Also on bumpy stuff, I put all of the weight onto my legs, so it pays to be fit as well. My bike has suspension set really hard and I want to save my back from damage hence put weight onto legs at times and grip tank with knees to save strain on arms etc etc.

Just love the bike and look after yourself.. congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
yeah see...that's our little secret. nobody knows that owning an MV will even make you start to look better! you will want to do more exercise (riding fatigue), lose weight (better than MVSP carbon/magnesium costs), and buy better clothes (so you don't get ragged on in the forum for wearing spongebob outfits)!! :toothless:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts