MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
why's the speed triple in there when the others are smaller displacement and more fair comparo?

I like the Fz09, saw one at the bike show couple weeks ago and it's huge value for the money.

Motorcycle.com Triple shoot out, guess where the MV came.....

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/four-thirds-shootout-tre-cool

I did chuckle at the comment about the different instrument clusters and the fact the MV's couldn't decide if it was in 5th or 6th :laughing:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
lets be honest you got/get the B3 because you want it not because of what they say (i hope)
..Igot my 910 not because of test reports (if i had gone by them i would have got a FS1E) .I did not care if it was an MV, Hyo ,Trumpy .it was because i liked the look when i rode it ,it floated my boat .ive had it since 2005 and today i throw a leg over it and it still floats my boat just like day 1

any one who buys a bike just for the name is a fool or a collector

i will ask you one question ..is the bike what you want out of a bike ..... if yes stop whinging and get riding .. if no .. sell it and buy a vespa scooter ....................simplez

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your right col, the one question the never ask themselves is which one would they put their hard earned down on and which would they be happy to open the garage to each day?
If the trumpet doesn't stir you've soul and you find it perfectly capable to ride but not really very engaging then your just a likely to take the car instead :laughing:
It made me laugh that they thought the MV wanted to be ridden at 9/10ths all the time and that that was a negative.........that's the reason I bought it :laughing:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Isn't this the point???

"But in terms of excitement, the Brutale is professional-grade fun. It feels feral and rambunctious, but it’s not for the timid.”

That being said I bet the FZ09 would be a great everyday bike.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Your right col, the one question the never ask themselves is which one would they put their hard earned down on and which would they be happy to open the garage to each day?
If the trumpet doesn't stir you've soul and you find it perfectly capable to ride but not really very engaging then your just a likely to take the car instead :laughing:
It made me laugh that they thought the MV wanted to be ridden at 9/10ths all the time and that that was a negative.........that's the reason I bought it :laughing:
i totaly agree they seem to do these test like we are going to do dispatch riding on them.or ride 7 days a week 6 hrs a day those days are long gone im sorry to say .. today bikes are a fun thing /hobbies taken out several times a months and flogged the [email protected] out of it ...
i am the same as you when im on the bike i ride it at 17/20ths just due to getting older

or is it there way of saying the that MV needs to be riden max all the time and is much better bike for this ..but can not say it for safety reasons

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I get off my Brute with a smile every time I ride it and that's all that matters, hell I can't even look at it without smiling. Beer beats milk and no matter how much better milk is for you, it's not as intoxicating. If I was looking for smooth comfort I'd find a touring scooter.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Over the years I have been asked "what's the best bike to buy?" My answer is always "buy the bike you wish to own and can afford". It doesn't matter why you wish to own it.

In terms of bike tests. I put riders into 3 categories, about 10% are slow by everyones standards. about 10% are fast of which most of these riders are ex racers and the rest of us are average (some slow average and others fast average but still average). For the average rider the performance capabilities of the bike is way beyond our capability on the track let alone the road. certainly electronics improve our abilities because we can bet closer to the limits and still have a safety factor (traction control means you ride harder on a damp road because if the rear is about to break loose the traction control cuts in whilst if the bike didn't have traction control you would be down the road). Many of the test riders will be in the fast category and can get close to the bikes performance limits and as such their comments are quite valid (for the 10% who are fast. For the rest of us average riders, as like as the bike is 'good' then it will be fine for our needs.

The rerality of a bike test is it provides an insight into the bike but is not the be all and end all of which bike to buy or at least shouldn't be unless you are a racer.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
seldom pay attention to shoot outs, theyre composed of opinions, which are subjective and vary wildly from one person to the next. My B3 is a blast to ride, it's not the greatest bike, but it's a hoot, and it's got a few warts, but most bikes do.

Last: shame, but no one on this Forum will believe the results anyway :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts