MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like i escaped crashing my bike today, first i lost my rear brake and i thought WTF i havent even used it hard enough to cook the fluid so i stopped to check for a leak and nothing no leak!

So i got back on and rode for about 5 klms and then the rear end felt wobbly so i pulled over again and well wouldn't u know it i got metal shavings all though the inside of the wheel and there's so much movement when i grab the wheel and move it side to side!!

The hub has failed at 17214 klms

Looks like a mitchy hub is on the cards

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Looks like i escaped crashing my bike today, first i lost my rear brake and i thought WTF i havent even used it hard enough to cook the fluid so i stopped to check for a leak and nothing no leak!

So i got back on and rode for about 5 klms and then the rear end felt wobbly so i pulled over again and well wouldn't u know it i got metal shavings all though the inside of the wheel and there's so much movement when i grab the wheel and move it side to side!!

The hub has failed at 17214 klms

Looks like a mitchy hub is on the cards
What model / year bike do you have? :jsm:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
mate a Mitchy hub is the way to go.. very well made strong and nice to look at .. and his hub is very good as well fast delivery excellent all round
mine was very simular to but I rooted the disc rota and a few other bits which I got from design corsa

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mitchy has one in stock and im paying for it tomorrow!

And now for the fun bit getting that dam wheel nut off!!!!

·
Vendor
5,368 Posts
Thanks guys for your comments.George,sorry to hear about your failure,at least you weren't spat off the bike.As a matter of interest how long since the hub was checked and serviced? Mate all details have been PMed to you.A nice strong hub will be in your hands very soon.:)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for your comments.George,sorry to hear about your failure,at least you weren't spat off the bike.As a matter of interest how long since the hub was checked and serviced? Mate all details have been PMed to you.A nice strong hub will be in your hands very soon.:)
Bought the bike just after xmas 2012 it had approx 15000 klms and the previous owner said the bike was serviced fully including the rear hub! I just checked the invoices for the work he had done but the work isn't itemized on it,wish i checked mine when i bought it :banghead:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
George there is really nothing to check ,the bearing that goes is the one on the back brake side,it is a sealed bearing and you can not tell if it is good or fried,You will be extremely happy with Mitchys hub.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
968 Posts
I bought a clock mechanism and put it in the axle hole of my ruined hub. Makes a different desk clock even if an expensive one. You could also make a water feature out of one so all is not lost.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I bought a clock mechanism and put it in the axle hole of my ruined hub. Makes a different desk clock even if an expensive one. You could also make a water feature out of one so all is not lost.
pics

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts
I thought the 2009 and later had the new hub?? Or is it 2010 when it changed?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well its all apart and there's more damage than i thought but im very lucky it didn't lock up the back wheel!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
George,

where are you based ? If you are anywhere near me I'd be happy to help you replace the hub.

Cheers
Rich
hey Rich im based in Bensville not far from you!

your more than welcome to come over and assist if you like, i will pm you my phone number

1 - 20 of 33 Posts