MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 910R came with corse exhaust. No cat or o2 sensor. It performs well. No compaints. I replaced the rear of the exhaust with the hydroform and not only does it look and sound great,it has a bit more torque as well. Just for grins I want to know which ecu I have and which is the higher performing of the two.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,565 Posts
You have a Euro2 16M ECU. This is not as sophisticated as the 5SM ECU as it fires spark plugs and injectors in pairs, meaning you have a dead spark (no big deal) and an extra spray of fuel when the intake valve is closed (contributes to poor fueling, poor fuel mileage, snatchy throttle, etc.)

Nothing much you can do about that. Good news is the eProm chip is easily replaced with one that is mapped better. See Merc7's thread about his free diag software for the 16M.

·
Administrator
19,565 Posts
Tag, you're it.....:f4:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Next step is to look at the eprom and see what i have. I do have a snatchy throttle and poor gas mileage, but that is all i can complain about.

·
Registered
14,423 Posts
?

Ed;
the double squirt of the 1.6M is not double the fuel needed it is approximately the correct amount. put a lambda meter on it and watch it in real time

most of the problem is the crazy ignition map

my '03 built Aprilia RSVR has real fuel injection not the crap that we get to deal with

don't worry the Aprilia ignition map is a POS too

bike manufacturers just won't hire a real FI person

my R1150GS gets 37mpg at 85mph
my old R75 got 57mpg at 115mph

progress right?

a friend hacked the Motronic and put the fuel curves up on his computer screen, he asked me "do you have any idea what the reason is for these zig zag lines"

my answer "no, and they obviously don't either"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts