MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Turismo Veloce Lusso or Multistrada 1200S??? *LOL*

Carabinieri version Multistrada looks rad but Turismo Veloce is sexy as hell! Both cost the same here US$50.000, so it's a decision I cannot take lightly. I have my 1090RR for me, the next bike gonna be aimed for two up with my wife..

Oh, I also need to mention, I live in Indonesia, the new definition of modern day wild wild west, wild wild east perhaps *LOL*.... So if I get the Multistrada and convert it to carabinieri version I can have the whole shebang, siren, strobes, rotator, the whole lot... Very very helpful in traffic jam *LOL*!!!

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't believe I have seen a TV mod that adds police lights......lol

The TV is definitely a much superior bike for dealing with traffic congestion (extremely nimble, great for filtering etc) but the multi is going to be better at long haul 2-up trips. But the TV can still do that well.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't believe I have seen a TV mod that adds police lights......lol

The TV is definitely a much superior bike for dealing with traffic congestion (extremely nimble, great for filtering etc) but the multi is going to be better at long haul 2-up trips. But the TV can still do that well.
Try this!

·
Registered
53 Posts
The TV can do two-up and still stay on the tail of a Multi. For daily riding in traffic, TV has the edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
The TV can do two-up and still stay on the tail of a Multi. For daily riding in traffic, TV has the edge.

I've seen a TV do exactly that on New Zealand Roads...I've also seen a rider solo giving a group of F4 and B4 riders a run for their money...bloody weapon of a machine

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How comfortable TV is for the pillion? This factor is one of the deciding factor (approval rating from the better half)... To be totally honest I personally am leaning towards TVL but I have to really stop thinking​ abouy myself and prioritize my wife on tje decision.

If let's assume MS have a score of 100 for pillion comfort, what it the score of TVL?

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sad news :(

I test rode TVL just 30 min ago. It's a hoot!! A touring bike that behaves like a sport bike, best of both world, perfect low rpm fueling, insanely nice quickshifter I have no problem using QS in any rpm even in traffic, intoxicating sound (HP Corse fitted), very very nimble, very light, leans to its side like there is no tomorrow.

HOWEVER!!!!

I have zero, like literally ZERO confidence in traffic.... I am 176cm and I am tippy toeing, not the typical tippy toe where I still have confidence, I literally afraid to put my feet down, afraid to filter through tight traffic jam, absolutely no confidence. Both the very tip of my shoes can barely touch ground. I know typically we can just use one foot to stand but I am talking about Jakarta road condition and traffic here, being able to use both feet (duck walking) is an absolute must here, no other way. With this kind of severe condition I know for sure 1" lowering kit will provide very little if any help, I also read lowering kit will affect handling.. this bike gives me less confidence than BMW GS which I consider very tall already.

I am very very sorry guys, I love and keeping my other MV, a 1090RR but I must say that I probably will have to go with Multistrada for my touring bike.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sad news :(

I test rode TVL just 30 min ago. It's a hoot!! A touring bike that behaves like a sport bike, best of both world, perfect low rpm fueling, insanely nice quickshifter I have no problem using QS in any rpm even in traffic, intoxicating sound (HP Corse fitted), very very nimble, very light, leans to its side like there is no tomorrow.

HOWEVER!!!!

I have zero, like literally ZERO confidence in traffic.... I am 176cm and I am tippy toeing, not the typical tippy toe where I still have confidence, I literally afraid to put my feet down, afraid to filter through tight traffic jam, absolutely no confidence. Both the very tip of my shoes can barely touch ground. I know typically we can just use one foot to stand but I am talking about Jakarta road condition and traffic here, being able to use both feet (duck walking) is an absolute must here, no other way. With this kind of severe condition I know for sure 1" lowering kit will provide very little if any help, I also read lowering kit will affect handling.. this bike gives me less confidence than BMW GS which I consider very tall already.

I am very very sorry guys, I love and keeping my other MV, a 1090RR but I must say that I probably will have to go with Multistrada for my touring bike.

I am 1.71 metres and I have to tip toe. I ride through traffic almost every other day - you will gain confidence! I don't think the Multi is any lower. Pillion wise it was also an important consideration and my wife likes it over the many other sport tourers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am 1.71 metres and I have to tip toe. I ride through traffic almost every other day - you will gain confidence! I don't think the Multi is any lower. Pillion wise it was also an important consideration and my wife likes it over the many other sport tourers.

Where are you from? Our definition of traffic might be totally different *LOL*
As I spent 6 years of my teenage life in Australia and I drove in many different countries I am very familiar with western/developed countries definition of bad traffic, Jakarta traffic is a totally different ball game altogether, you have to have the ability of a circus performer to be able to filter through Jakarta traffic, trust me, Google it :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Where are you from? Our definition of traffic might be totally different *LOL*
As I spent 6 years of my teenage life in Australia and I drove in many different countries I am very familiar with western/developed countries definition of bad traffic, Jakarta traffic is a totally different ball game altogether, you have to have the ability of a circus performer to be able to filter through Jakarta traffic, trust me, Google it :)

Nearby Singapore!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have zero, like literally ZERO confidence in traffic.... I am 176cm and I am tippy toeing, not the typical tippy toe where I still have confidence, I literally afraid to put my feet down, afraid to filter through tight traffic jam, absolutely no confidence. Both the very tip of my shoes can barely touch ground.
Well... if that's a problem, then it pretty much disqualifies Multistrada Enduro based Carabineri version you are also considering. Ducati is quite a bit bigger, taller, and heavier. Overall, just "bulkier". Much more top heavy bike compared to TV.

Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well... if that's a problem, then it pretty much disqualifies Multistrada Enduro based Carabineri version you are also considering. Ducati is quite a bit bigger, taller, and heavier. Overall, just "bulkier". Much more top heavy bike compared to TV.

Good luck with your search!
They also make MS Carabinieri in 1200S trim, have a closer look at the pics where they posed two carabinieri side by side, the other one is a 1200S which on stock form can be lowered by seat setting and further lowered with a lowering kit.
I have no problem filtering through tight traffic with weight and bulk, can say this from years of riding on various Harleys including the heaviest of them all an Ultra Classic, my biggest fear is the height here.

I did a second look and specs from the Internet quoted TVL at 85cm Vs. MS 1200S at 82.5cm on lower seat setting which makes MS1200S 2.5cm lower than TVL?

·
Registered
88 Posts
They also make MS Carabinieri in 1200S trim, have a closer look at the pics....
You are absolutely right! The one in the background is not an Enduro. Good catch.

I've ridden all three (MTS1200S, MTS1200E and TVL). I own the TVL. From my personal experience (I am 5'11" with 32" inseam) there is more to consider than just the seat height:

1. The MTS1200S has the lowest seat, it is feels most natural at full stop. I firmly plant both feet on the ground while stopped.

2. The TVL is way higher. Without shifting my seating position I can only balance on the tips of my toes while at full stop. The bike fees very balanced though, I am very confident on it. Most of the times I don't even come to a complete stop if the traffic light will be changing soon, creeping forward at 0.5-1 mph instead just balancing it upright. The TVL is extremely easy to balance at low speeds. I simply cannot do the same low speed maneuvers on either one of the Multistradas. I just can't.

3. The MTS1200E is nothing like the MTS1200S. It is bigger, higher and just plain different from the MTS1200S in every way except for the motor. MTS1200E feels very top heavy. The bike does not like slow speeds. I never felt comfortable coming to a stop on it due to a combination of excessive brake dive and a very unbalanced feel when stopped. To the point where I almost dropped it once while stopped. The seat itself may be a bit lower than the TVL but it does not translate to any sort of confidence.

YMMV. You really have to ride all three to decide for yourself.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
There is one more bike to consider. The BMW 1000XR and it too is a little tall. Great bike 2 up, around town or long hauls and the engine is really great. Plus it has the best quickshifter around and electronic suspension

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You are absolutely right! The one in the background is not an Enduro. Good catch.

I've ridden all three (MTS1200S, MTS1200E and TVL). I own the TVL. From my personal experience (I am 5'11" with 32" inseam) there is more to consider than just the seat height:

1. The MTS1200S has the lowest seat, it is feels most natural at full stop. I firmly plant both feet on the ground while stopped.

2. The TVL is way higher. Without shifting my seating position I can only balance on the tips of my toes while at full stop. The bike fees very balanced though, I am very confident on it. Most of the times I don't even come to a complete stop if the traffic light will be changing soon, creeping forward at 0.5-1 mph instead just balancing it upright. The TVL is extremely easy to balance at low speeds. I simply cannot do the same low speed maneuvers on either one of the Multistradas. I just can't.

3. The MTS1200E is nothing like the MTS1200S. It is bigger, higher and just plain different from the MTS1200S in every way except for the motor. MTS1200E feels very top heavy. The bike does not like slow speeds. I never felt comfortable coming to a stop on it due to a combination of excessive brake dive and a very unbalanced feel when stopped. To the point where I almost dropped it once while stopped. The seat itself may be a bit lower than the TVL but it does not translate to any sort of confidence.

YMMV. You really have to ride all three to decide for yourself.
You are absolutely right, while very high TVL is also very light and nimble. If I am going to ride solo all the time I wouldn't have a second thought but my primary use for the TVL is two up with the wife, so I will not risk her suffering *dumb* tipover with me shall I stopped wrong and couldn't plant both feet securely on the ground.

Regarding test ride, I have the same problem here as most other from different countries... Local MV dealer is very friendly and they allowed me to test ride whatever I want while Ducati dealer on the other hand is way more rigid, so I can't really test ride MTS here. Due to that fact alone I personally would love a TVL very much if I can make it work for me.

I am strongly considering the lowest lowering kit for TVL but I need to hear suggestion from those who fitted the lowering kit. Search button returned mostly people going back to stock height due to adverse effect on handling and suspension feel with the lowering kit fitted... Just want to reconfirm or maybe I am just in denial *LOL*

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is one more bike to consider. The BMW 1000XR and it too is a little tall. Great bike 2 up, around town or long hauls and the engine is really great. Plus it has the best quickshifter around and electronic suspension
Right now I am considering exotic Italian only. I don't think there is a way back once you touched Italian :)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Check out this guy :grin2:

He doesn't seem to have any problems despite being vertically challenged.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had a 2015 GS and rode with my buddy, Brian, last weekend and noticed his wind screen is smaller than my Puig. His lowered GS also has a deeper pocket to protect compared to the TVL. I do like the wind protection with the GS, but I like the taller, lighter more nimble Agusta any day. The TVL is so much more fun to ride.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts