Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Oh my, I likey!! Lovely collection!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Nice Gamma 500 in the back ground too....

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
Chris! Where have you been? That is my Holy Grail bike...after Lee's Tamburini.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
OMG!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
ehhh ... Nice Bike(s) - :-D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shit.
How did that happen? Back story?
Bought it after the winning online bidder backed out of the Charlie Mavros estate auction a few weeks ago in Tampa. I actually bid on it but it went to $47K(before a 19% premium for online bidding.) I contacted Jerry Wood and struck a deal for less than $40k but it has some history and is not currently running And Definitely needs a battery. Calling previous owner to Charlie to get as much info as possible to get it right. I used to race against Charlie but I believe he never rode it. it sat next to a TZ 750 in his dining room. They are sending all the street bodywork,parts and spares with the title. It’s got the full race exhaust and ecu. Christian

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Do you ride them? and if you do, how do you decide your chosen ride.
I do try to ride all of them. Usually the one sitting longest gets ridden with the exception of the Ysrs. Older race bikes have been sitting too long though. The Concours14 is for sale if anyone is interested as is the 1098 racebike(comes with full street plastics as well.)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ducati is okay:wink2:, but there's a particularly nice Honda in the background!>:) :grin2:
Which one the RC30 or th RC45 behind it. :grin2: thanks Nigel.

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chris! Where have you been? That is my Holy Grail bike...after Lee's Tamburini.
Hey Chuck, I toasted the arrival of the desmo with a shot of aguardiente in my “secret society of Glen Lizard” chalice! Good times. Sorry I haven’t been around for a while as family and business keep me from riding as much let alone racing. I am going to make a concerted effort to attend this year. Will likely bring the Tambo and other bikes along for some rides. Regards, Christian

Reactions: silentservice703

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
oh chris another dream bike of mine
a very big congratulations. such a beautiful bike
When u mention the bike is not running, i hope its nothing serious, as the bills on these bikes are next level
theres a couple of guys who bought a desmo and rebuilt on you tube ill send u the link. its crazy amount of money and ork to get these running, hope urs is just a flat battery

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
When u mention the bike is not running, i hope its nothing serious, as the bills on these bikes are next level
theres a couple of guys who bought a desmo and rebuilt on you tube ill send u the link. its crazy amount of money and ork to get these running, hope urs is just a flat battery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PILET26VE&list=PLy4NVNg_5UTW1bjcGjnkTeWLNrhGLoQhl&index=1
That's an enjoyable desmo rebuild video series.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

https://www.youtube.com/newwatch?v=T_PILET26VE&list=PLy4NVNg_5UTW1bjcGjnkTeWLNrhGLoQhl&index=1
Thanks for the info. I already have those videos and others as well. I know about the hideous prices on parts and labor on these. Currently trying to contact a previous owner to fill in the gaps on its service life. I know about the thrown rod and the repairing of the cases but after pulling bodywork it’s apparent that everything has been gone through and replaced by Previous owners Ducati techs. I see no damage whatsoever but indications it’s been opened up. The cases look brand new as does the oil and other fluids in it. Hoping it just going to be the battery but taking all precautions before I ever start it.

Reactions: anothermvfanatic

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Thanks for the info. I already have those videos and others as well. I know about the hideous prices on parts and labor on these. Currently trying to contact a previous owner to fill in the gaps on its service life. I know about the thrown rod and the repairing of the cases but after pulling bodywork it’s apparent that everything has been gone through and replaced by Previous owners Ducati techs. I see no damage whatsoever but indications it’s been opened up. The cases look brand new as does the oil and other fluids in it. Hoping it just going to be the battery but taking all precautions before I ever start it.
Do keep us posted. I suspect you have a runner. Change fluids, fuel, filter, hoses, etc... bam... that sound is going to be a moment... you'll have another toast!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
i simply adore ur collection christian
complimenti

1 - 20 of 24 Posts