MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the sidestand on my 2004 Brutale S difficult to locate with my foot when I am putting it down. More so than on any other bike I have ridden. This is hardly critical but making the process would be nice. Has any one out there done any modifications to deal with this?

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Funny you should raise this - it's the thing that always bugged about my F4, finally I worked out that the boots I wear makes big difference - I find really hard in my Sidi Vortice boots (even with my toe) - sometimes I just off & then put it down, yet I find it super easy when I am wearing my Rossi boots.

I am always scared to modify stands because you'll only know what you did isn't great when it falls over :(

Still a problem I am very happy to live with :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
I find the sidestand on my 2004 Brutale S difficult to locate with my foot when I am putting it down. More so than on any other bike I have ridden. This is hardly critical but making the process would be nice. Has any one out there done any modifications to deal with this?
Best mod for dealing with the side stand is: Turn the bike into a trike....... :stickpoke

In reality though: If your stand is the suicide type (self retracting), then alter the bracket to make it stay down (if you need to do this, ask and I'll explain in detail), this made quite a difference on my F4 for lowering the stand while straddling the bike. Or you could try and mount a small rod to the side of the stand that sticks out to the side to catch your boot on. Hope that made sense.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Or you could try and mount a small rod to the side of the stand that sticks out to the side to catch your boot on. Hope that made sense.
Thats what I was thinking when I read this. Most bikes (new) come with the metal feelers on the bottom of the pedals - they screw in. You could tap a small hole into the kickstand and thread one of these in if it is really that bothersome to you.

Personally, I would adjust to it. You dont want to risk weakening the metal on the stand and most bikes take getting used to in some form or other anyway.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Thats what I was thinking when I read this. Most bikes (new) come with the metal feelers on the bottom of the pedals - they screw in. You could tap a small hole into the kickstand and thread one of these in if it is really that bothersome to you.

Personally, I would adjust to it. You dont want to risk weakening the metal on the stand and most bikes take getting used to in some form or other anyway.
Exactly what I meant, probably would want to weld something rather than screw it on. The stand isn't all that thick, and would be weakened quite a bit methinks.

Or you could fit a hook to the end of your boot to grab the stand?
I say just get used to it mate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts