MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a buzzing/vibration from my instument pod between 3K & 5K rpm. It's loud enought to be heard over the engine sound, especially on acceleration. Kind of detracts from the aural experience.

I've tried grabbing the thing at different points, but can't stop the buzzing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
922 Posts
On my bike, I thought it was the right mirror. But now I'm convinced it's something in the area of the keyhole/airbox.

But seriously, everyone here knows that it's because one's nuts shrivel up and rattle when the brute starts to sing...

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I get the same thing. I thought it was the windscreen. The service writer at Pro Italia said that seems to happen on the 1000s. Maybe it is the windscreens b/c I never had that on the 750s.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Mine was doing this, it turned out to be one of the intake covers buzzing against the frame (thanks Koop!), you have to lift up the tank, and there are 3 screws holding it on, the vibrate loose.

·
Registered
922 Posts
spalding12 said:
well.....
maybe this isn't the thread
but..... don't you want to be able to hear when you are older?

there are SO many sizes and shapes of hearing protection devices

why not try some others?
I'll start another thread, as it's worth discussing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fazer6 said:
Mine was doing this, it turned out to be one of the intake covers buzzing against the frame (thanks Koop!), you have to lift up the tank, and there are 3 screws holding it on, the vibrate loose.
Thanks, I'll try that.

·
Registered
431 Posts
spalding12 said:
well.....

why not try some others?
YEAH!!! We (a group of motorcyclists with whom I ride/interact and then representative Debra Bowen) didn't put in all the work to get the law changed just so people could go on damaging their hearing!

FWIW, I've done a lot of research on this one, and you can actually hear better (while riding) with plugs in. That is, you can distinguish sirens, tire squeals and other engines from background wind and road noise more clearly while wearing protection. I know this isn't an earplug thread, but please...wear them!

·
Registered
922 Posts
fazer6 said:
Yeah, thanks. I'll try that too.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Greg, I'm curious,- what type of ear plugs do you recommend? I always wear them at work,- machine shop, explosions etc. but never wear them on the bike. I've always been concerned about loosing ambient noise. Incidentally, Jack Brabham, the great Australian F1 champion and constructor, is now deaf as a post. He always refused to wear ear protection, so he could listen to the motor and hear any potential problems.

Back to topic(!), here's an interesting thing about F4 windshield resonance...:

http://ryanandali.com/?cat=16

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
spalding12 said:
well.....

why not try some others?
WHAT?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts