MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im going to be taking the cylinder head off my F3 soon and see I will need an angular torque gauge for reassembly.

Do you have any recommendations? I found this one which I rather like, but it is expensive and not sure if I will ever need to use it again. Not sure of any other place in the manual where they refer to angular torque except on the cylinder head:

The manual specifically calls for a digital one and to set a torque of 10 Nm then torque 85 ° ± 1, not sure if a cheapie analogue dial unit one will be sufficient or recommended for that?

Lastly is there any other special tool that you would recommend that I might have missed ? The removing of valve guides and cutting of the seats I will give to an engineering shop. Removing of the valve springs possibly also as it might be better than me trying to get a valve spring compressor. So far it looks like this is the only "special tool" ?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Reactions: PTsalas

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For those like me that haven't done cylinder head work on your MV yet and want to know more about Torque to Yield bolts and why they are used, here is a good video I found on youtube.

There are cheap angular dials like this one for the purpose which I am going to use for this once off operation.

Amazon.com: OTC 4554 1/2" Drive Torque Angle Gauge: Automotive

I will use it in conjunction with my torque wrench and just make sure it doesn't exceed the upper torque value at the required angle.

Any further advices or comments welcome. Now for the factory to open so I can place my order for parts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts