MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First day with the 910R. :grin:

Straight to the dyno for some controlled break-in and then a ride. :conveyer:

Installed a Power Commander and comfirmed my suspicions: These bikes run rich! :eek:

Bike is small! I am big! Still fits like a glove and is telepatic in it's handling. I didn't push the tires/brakes and lean angles, but it feels very planted.

What struck me is the attitude this bike has. It seems angry as it rides around....the intake noise is very addictive and the low down torque is impressive. No need to spin this engine as it is very strong. Some vibes creep in at around 8-9000 rpms but you are hanging on instead of thinking about the vibrations.

I'm thinking the full system with chip may reduce some of the pulse...plus give this bike some breathing room to make some horsepower. :naughty:

So my first date with the beast was very nice! Still need to get more aquainted, set the suspension for my weight and ride style and just get more in touch with my new bike. People just drool over this bike!

Oh yeah, mirrors give a great view of my arms, CRG bar ends to be fitted this weekend.

Rizoma licence plate re-locator will clean up the sweet ass.

Kellerman micro turn signals will also trick it up!

More later!

John T

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Glad to hear about your 910R. Oh right, by the way, welcome to mvagusta.net, submit yourself to the registry :flickoff: :king:

·
Registered
798 Posts
airfuel said:
First day with the 910R. :grin:

Straight to the dyno for some controlled break-in and then a ride. :conveyer:

Installed a Power Commander and comfirmed my suspicions: These bikes run rich! :eek:

Bike is small! I am big! Still fits like a glove and is telepatic in it's handling. I didn't push the tires/brakes and lean angles, but it feels very planted.

What struck me is the attitude this bike has. It seems angry as it rides around....the intake noise is very addictive and the low down torque is impressive. No need to spin this engine as it is very strong. Some vibes creep in at around 8-9000 rpms but you are hanging on instead of thinking about the vibrations.

I'm thinking the full system with chip may reduce some of the pulse...plus give this bike some breathing room to make some horsepower. :naughty:

So my first date with the beast was very nice! Still need to get more aquainted, set the suspension for my weight and ride style and just get more in touch with my new bike. People just drool over this bike!

Oh yeah, mirrors give a great view of my arms, CRG bar ends to be fitted this weekend.

Rizoma licence plate re-locator will clean up the sweet ass.

Kellerman micro turn signals will also trick it up!

More later!

John T
John, CONGRATS!!! Happy to read you finally took delivery. I wish I could ride up to your shop this Saturday to see it but I am in northern california. Were you able to smooth out the initial throttle response (the on/off thing) with the PC? And I agree, the bike is angry. It just begs to be pushed hard.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thanks for the initial impressions John....agree that it's got a bad attitude. : I've been riding it all week and can't get enough. So far no issues...although there appears to be a little too much slack in my chain. Perhaps I broke it in too hard :naughty: Where are you buying the CRG mirrors? With rain expected, maybe it's a good task for the weekend. Do we need adapters of any sort? Thanks :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Post up some pics

If you can, post up some pics of you licience plate kit. That would be interesting to see on a brand new bike. A broken in 910 R dynos at 127whp. Pretty impressive.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
corse77 said:
If you can, post up some pics of you licence plate kit. That would be interesting to see on a brand new bike. A broken in 910 R dynos at 127whp. Pretty impressive.
I'll work on the picts on the licence plate kit this weekend.

As far as 127hp, maybe with the Full race system and eprom.

As far as the dyno break-in, here is what I did. Carefull warm up then the engine was reved from about 3k to 7k at about half throttle allowing the engine to coast down after each "pull" Temp ranged from 170-185 degrees F.

I let the bike cool down for about a half hour. Checked for leaks etc.

The next session was almost the same, just bringing the revs up higher.

About 4 sessions in total with about 3/4 throttle to about 9k rpms with coast downs and cooling.

Last session was a gentle reving and then a full throttle run. :naughty:
Here is a printout of mine.

This is SAE HP. other correction factors show 117.4 STD, 118.1 DIN and 115.0 uncorrected.

I think the Cat. converter and stock system are very restrictive. Can't wait to see what the full system does. More later.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Damn you're running nicely stoich, like right on the line. :smoking: Mine too has that lean spot at 4K RPM as well....wonder why that is.

Makes me wonder, if the midpipe is responsible for the wavier A/F ratio, but our power curve is essentially the same, with the obvious exception of yours being stronger :naughty:

Looks like your bike is running nicely, and confirms my suspicion about the dyno I ran on being a bit quirky. But at the same the same time, fairly accurate, cause we're ~10 HP difference....i.e. where we're both supposed to be at. I still blame my dyno though :laughing:

Nice dyno...and definitly, nice bike!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Minor tweaks were applied to the stock map from Dynojet.I did not yet map this bike at all. The map just leaned out the very rich conditions.

When more miles are on the bike, a full mapping will take place and I will find out how much power these bikes can produce at the optimum a/f ratio.

Note at the very top, the power curve flattens out...I think with the full system, power will really peak! I'm optimistic that the full system will give great gains at all numbers. :naughty:

These numbers show about a 15% drive line loss and on a new "tight" engine. I'm sure with more miles and a proper mapping, these numbers will climb. :king:
Where is my full race exhaust???

Oil change done...next is CRG bar ends and Rizoma licence plate holder.

Rain this weekend, bummer. Bonding time with the new bike!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
GREAT to hear you got it. You got the whole season to enjoy it don`t let a little rain get you down. :drummer:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts