MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being bitterly disappointed at not hauling the F4's ass up Angeles Crest with everyone this weekend, I decided to take a long lunch break and ride to Newcombs today.

I've lived in LA for 6 years and never rode it. I can now say with the confidence of first hand experience that it is probably one of the best roads in the world. Breathtaking - even on a Honda Blackbird.

BTW - who was parked at the roadside with the Senna? Come on, I recognized you from the Rodeo drive meet on Saturday....

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Are the roads having a decent amount of corners? I have not checked the video yet but from that picture it looks pretty straight.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I just showed the straight section, then i think something hit that camera and it died. Right after it starts the nice twisty area. The western part before the straights on 58 = long and sweeping turns. The eastern part after the straights are tighter technical turns. Then Ojai is amazing with a great mix

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just watched 6 minutes of video and saw 1 corner and two small kinks. I would hope the section up ahead was better.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Just watched 6 minutes of video and saw 1 corner and two small kinks. I would hope the section up ahead was better.
As mentioned, that's just the straights. Video was to show how empty it is in central california. Trust me, its twisty.. :blah:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=ojai,+ca&daddr=35.133387,-119.429626+to:Santa+Margarita,+California&hl=en&geocode=;;Fe8GHAIdkqjP-A&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=9&via=1&sll=34.764179,-120.042114&sspn=1.676402,3.570557&ie=UTF8&ll=34.957995,-119.654846&spn=1.672456,3.570557&z=9

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what I loved about ACH - I dont recall a single straight! I can see why people ship their bikes here just to ride that stretch of highway......:yo:

I'll take pics for the people overseas next time I go.

Anyways, I've ridden the 33 (Ojai), and while it is a nice road, theres waaaaaaay too many cops waiting to spoil your fun.

Now then......how can I get the MV to the Stelvio Pass???:naughty:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
How much police presence do these great roads get on a early Sat or Sun am say 8-11am, or in the afternoon?

Looks like great fun to me!!!

My jaunts are usually pretty safe from police and other cars; but I really prefer to get out early and be done with my ~ 125 miles by 1130am.

Peter

·
Registered
379 Posts
That was probably me stranded by the side of the road with my Senna...!! Very interesting stuff happening right now, I was waiting for a AAA tow truck to bring my bike down from the mountain. The guys from ProItalia and myself will be chatting with MV Agusta USA this week... WATCH THIS SPACE!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
How much police presence do these great roads get on a early Sat or Sun am say 8-11am, or in the afternoon?

Looks like great fun to me!!!

My jaunts are usually pretty safe from police and other cars; but I really prefer to get out early and be done with my ~ 125 miles by 1130am.

Peter
You can ride all day one day and see no Police/CHP...the next, there will be ten.

Gen (like Sunday afternoon, yesterday) at some point you'll pass a car or two. Enough to keep you sane...late afternoon on weekdays tend to be best. Weekend mornings 8 til noon would be your best chance to get a ticket.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats awesome Sean - can I come too?

Shoot KHFX, I thought you were just taking a breather. I would have stopped had I known.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts