MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really sad news, another fellow rider loses his life. Track conditions were terrible!

From the SBK site:
During today's FIM World Supersport race, at 1.32pm Italian rider Andrea Antonelli (Team Goeleven Kawasaki) suffered a serious accident on the straight between Turn 14 and Turn 15 wherein he sustained critical injuries.

The race was stopped with the red flag and the rider was immediately taken to an ambulance where the medical staff worked to resuscitate him.

Despite their efforts, Andrea sadly succumbed to his injuries at 2.10pm local time.

FIM, Dorna and YMS Promotion decided to cancel all activities scheduled for the rest of the day.

Everyone involved in motorcycle championships extends its deepest condolences to Andrea's family, friends, team and Italian Federation at this tragic loss.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
A sobering reminder of the darker side of our sport.

Vale Andrea Antonelli - RIP.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I was watching and you could see his body slide off the side of the track like a rag doll. I felt truly saddened. I hope they reconsider racing in such negative conditions. There was no visibility for any of the riders behind the first 2 or 3 leaders

1 - 7 of 7 Posts