MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i called Moto Corse and asked them how much it would cost for a BMC air filter and to install a reverse shift can. here's the response e-mail with prices! oh, and just to kinda round it out for you, take the last 2 digits off those prices and that's about what it will be in USD. :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

Hello, Thank you for your calling yesterday.
I would like to tell you the estimates of customizing your MV.

BMC Air Filter 12,075 yen
Labor 10,500 yen

Reverse Shift Gear Kit 47,040 yen --- ATTACHED
Labor 63,000 yen --- Includes Engine Oil, Coolant and Some Gaskets.

Thank you for continuous support for us.

Looks like i'm going to be doing this little swap on my own! fun!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Man that is pricey! And what with the dollar getting weaker and weaker it seems like a now or never situation for the Motocorse Ti pipes I reaaaaally want. But bad things keep happening to me. My car got broken into, stuff got stolen, I had to move to Atlanta which sucks! 2 days and my car got broken into in a freaking nice neighborhood too!

So now I am dealing with insurance and also negotiating with the boss for a pay raise...argh. My dream of ordering the pipes before end of this year is just getting further and further away! :( SOrry to hijack the thread had to vent!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
suryad said:
I had to move to Atlanta which sucks!
lol! randarosa is gonna love that one. :silly:

too bad to hear about your car, tho! i'd be so pissed. i'm lucky enough that my cars have never been broken into (knock on wood). good luck with the pay raise and insurance! :)

i'm really hoping the dollar will start going back up. these prices are killing me!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Yeah a quick look at xe.com shows the following:
1 USD = 0.71039 EUR (visiting Europe is out of the question)
1 USD = 0.49124 GBP (so visiting the UK is out of the question)
1 USD = 116.516 yen (this one I am not so sure about)
1 USD = 39.2600 INR (indian ruppes, I am Indian. few months ago this value was 44!)

The dollar keeps going any lower I can throw away my motocorse ti pipe dream out the window! I think I need to start getting paid in GBP!!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
suryad said:
japan is really cheap for any other country. even the US.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I couldnt tell if you were kidding or being serious! Japanese real estate prices have to be the most insane on the planet!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think he was talking about the yen rate compared to the dollar. (i could be wrong) it's actually low compared to say, the Euro. think of it this way: the Japanese count in pennies. them saying 100 yen is like us saying 100 cents instead of 1 dollar. so 100 yen is more like 85 cents. idk if that makes sense, but i can't explain it any better.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
my point was that japan is still really cheap for people in the US. Take a look at a graph of USD/JPY over the last 10 years..... (will have to dig around for it myself)

Starting in Japan, nowhere is cheap. The yen is weak against every major currency I know. It blows if you are trying to get out.

Real estate is always high, yeah. But what drops Tokyo and Osaka on the 'worlds most expensive cities' is the x-rate against others. They aren't at the top anymore, European cities are. That's not the whole reason, but a good chunk of it (i think).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't piss away your money you don't have

It's a bike not a piece of real estate. Some of the people on this post have alot of money and they don't piss it away. Do some basic things first then when you have investment and cash to burn on the extras it will make feel better. If you are strapped and stressed out while ridding this bike you will not be focused. Yeah the TI pipes are sexy but to buy them just for that reason when it sound like you have other priorities seems foolish. Just a little advice for what ever it is worth. I always wanted a Senna and could have afforded to buy one cash new but I waited until the right deal came along and I struck fast. $20,600 on ebay (yeah I am the guy who took the chance on the zero feedback seller a few weeks ago). The mid pipe will suffice until you have the dough. Listen to some of these guys who have had their bikes for almost two years who are telling you not to buy the pipes. This is how we go into debt and never get out. It's the americn way. Go buy a piece of real estate or an investment and then buy the bike or pipes of your dreams. I bought a brand new in the crate '05 999 "S" with 3 miles from a local dealer 6 mos ago for $14,700. Why because it was in inventory too long and the 1098's were just coming out and all the posers had to have the latest greatest. I will wait until some guy who buy's one and put's only a few hundred miles on it and has to sell it because he can't make the rent or does not know what he/she was getting into. Will you be that guy??????:banghead:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
suryad said:
I had to move to Atlanta which sucks!
Just so you understand, I live 40 miles north of Atlanta. Might as well be 400 miles as far as I'm concerned. We have "ITP'ers" (inside the Perimeter*) and "WOTP'ers" (way outside the Perimeter*). * The Perimeter is I-285 which circumnavigates Atlanta. I agree with suryad....Atlanta proper is not for me. Politics, lifestyle, traffic, even the weather (consistantly 5 degrees hotter) is different.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Moto Corse is like the exclusive side of owning an MV. If you buy anything from there youre going to pay for it. And thats something they wont ever plan on changing either, its just one of those things.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Sennaster said:
It's a bike not a piece of real estate. Some of the people on this post have alot of money and they don't piss it away. Do some basic things first then when you have investment and cash to burn on the extras it will make feel better. If you are strapped and stressed out while ridding this bike you will not be focused. Yeah the TI pipes are sexy but to buy them just for that reason when it sound like you have other priorities seems foolish. Just a little advice for what ever it is worth. I always wanted a Senna and could have afforded to buy one cash new but I waited until the right deal came along and I struck fast. $20,600 on ebay (yeah I am the guy who took the chance on the zero feedback seller a few weeks ago). The mid pipe will suffice until you have the dough. Listen to some of these guys who have had their bikes for almost two years who are telling you not to buy the pipes. This is how we go into debt and never get out. It's the americn way. Go buy a piece of real estate or an investment and then buy the bike or pipes of your dreams. I bought a brand new in the crate '05 999 "S" with 3 miles from a local dealer 6 mos ago for $14,700. Why because it was in inventory too long and the 1098's were just coming out and all the posers had to have the latest greatest. I will wait until some guy who buy's one and put's only a few hundred miles on it and has to sell it because he can't make the rent or does not know what he/she was getting into. Will you be that guy??????:banghead:

Sennaster,you are wired too tight mate,LOSSEN UP!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
blade007 said:
Moto Corse is like the exclusive side of owning an MV. If you buy anything from there youre going to pay for it. And thats something they wont ever plan on changing either, its just one of those things.
No need to explain Blade.
Ti is expensive mate,if people dont want it, DONT BUY IT!!!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
yeah, moto corse isn't where you want to go for 'normal' stuff. If you are buying their stuff, well, you don't have a choice. But to change tires, it's frickin' expensive (i found out the hard way).

There are actually a fair number of MV dealers around TK.... some are probably cheaper.... (but i have no idea for sure). But buying any non moto corse product from moto corse is more than finding it through some shop or specialty store.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
suryad said:
Yeah a quick look at xe.com shows the following:
1 USD = 0.71039 EUR (visiting Europe is out of the question)
1 USD = 0.49124 GBP (so visiting the UK is out of the question)
1 USD = 39.2600 INR (indian ruppes, I am Indian. few months ago this value was 44!)

The dollar keeps going any lower I can throw away my motocorse ti pipe dream out the window! I think I need to start getting paid in GBP!!

Can't believe 2 dollars = 97p not even 1 pound.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's not a knife... now *that's* a knife...

blade007 said:
Moto Corse is not expensive... MV Corse is expensive!!! I should know, I am getting the MV Corse Ti Exhaust put on my Senna right now (don't ask why not the Moto Corse, it is a long story)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
SpeedRacer said:
Moto Corse is not expensive... MV Corse is expensive!!! I should know, I am getting the MV Corse Ti Exhaust put on my Senna right now (don't ask why not the Moto Corse, it is a long story)

sounds nice.... take some pics.

i will be surprised if moto corse didn't make them. :jerkoff:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts