MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(remember my last question on this section.....)

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5349

so kids, i was going to ask you guys, but i knew the answer....so I didn't wait......

slapped up one of these today (that's actually the one):

What is it? 2004 Husky TE450. Brand new actually....

got it for the lo lo price of whatever this is in your local ccy.

quality of my phone pix is a bit crap....low light i guess? sorry, they are normally better.

:moped:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Good purchase, is that the latest model? I thought the new colours were red/black like the competition range.... I have the Japanese version WR 450!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I spent a long time looking at one of those Husky's yesterday here in Adelaide!

Just love Japan too!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
nice purchase Tokyo lunch, i had a 570 done out in supermoto trim, absolutley awesome tool, sound is unbeatable and it will beat most things away from a set of lights. http://gallery.mvagusta.net/mv05exy/570_G
one thing i will say tho is to keep up on the maintenance, it will behave it self if you change the oil regularly, and i mean regularly. its an expensive job is a rebuild, as i found out, where as an oil change is just a few yen.

Happy riding though, let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Congrats, I have been seriously considering a TE recently as a replacement for my MV...in short...though still working for myself/family, I am soon to be losing the luxury of taking time off during weekdays to go riding, and as weekend/public holiday riding conficts with my risk minimisation policy coupled with the fact the police are now targeting the hills with speed cameras (losing my license would be financial suicide) on most weekends and occasional weekdays :ahhh: I am left with the prospect of riding the bike a handful of times (probably track only) a year.

So if I want to continue riding regularly for now going enduro is my only option but having the brakes put on any major purchases means I would have to sell the MV to do this :violin: . I am yet to decide and am still trying to crunch the numbers in my (see what I can sell) ...in the end I would have another MV somewhere around in the next couple of years (three tops).

So I have been doing a fair bit of research at thumper talk on the TE....(you've probably been there great website for those of you that havn't) there is plenty of info on them there and though I was mostly reading about 06/07 models I did come across some threads addressing the issues with the 04 and how to fix them...just a heads up in case you havn't seen them.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rockethouse said:
Congrats, I have been seriously considering a TE recently as a replacement for my MV...in short...though still working for myself/family, I am soon to be losing the luxury of taking time off during weekdays to go riding, and as weekend/public holiday riding conficts with my risk minimisation policy coupled with the fact the police are now targeting the hills with speed cameras (losing my license would be financial suicide) on most weekends and occasional weekdays :ahhh: I am left with the prospect of riding the bike a handful of times (probably track only) a year.

So if I want to continue riding regularly for now going enduro is my only option but having the brakes put on any major purchases means I would have to sell the MV to do this :violin: . I am yet to decide and am still trying to crunch the numbers in my (see what I can sell) ...in the end I would have another MV somewhere around in the next couple of years (three tops).

So I have been doing a fair bit of research at thumper talk on the TE....(you've probably been there great website for those of you that havn't) there is plenty of info on them there and though I was mostly reading about 06/07 models I did come across some threads addressing the issues with the 04 and how to fix them...just a heads up in case you havn't seen them.

Rockethouse:

sucks to hear you might be losing the MV. I'm pretty excited about the Husky. I haven't done much research on it to be honest. I was aiming at KTMs until I went to this other shop. Helped that my friend bought the exact same thing.... '04 as well. I registered for thumpertalk and looked around mostly at the KTM ones, so I'll have to re-jig my searches now.... Mine's new, so I'll look soon for anything obvious in case they can sort out my bike before I take delivery.

thanks for the heads up!

-colin

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
agusta01 said:
Good purchase, is that the latest model? I thought the new colours were red/black like the competition range.... I have the Japanese version WR 450!

Not the latest.... Mine is an unused '04. There was a new '06 for about 400,000jpy more (~3-3500 USD or so)

They had some of the newer red/white/black ones. Personally, I like the yellow and blue. Stands way the hell out! :)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
Rockethouse:

sucks to hear you might be losing the MV. I'm pretty excited about the Husky. I haven't done much research on it to be honest. I was aiming at KTMs until I went to this other shop. Helped that my friend bought the exact same thing.... '04 as well. I registered for thumpertalk and looked around mostly at the KTM ones, so I'll have to re-jig my searches now.... Mine's new, so I'll look soon for anything obvious in case they can sort out my bike before I take delivery.

thanks for the heads up!

-colin
From what I can tell the Husky's a better bike than the KTM but in reality unless you're a very experienced rider I don't think it really matters much.

From what I remeber it was valve issues on the 04??? do the searches and you'll find it easy enough.

If I do have to part with the MV it will be sad but not too bad as time goes by very quickly I will soon enough have another...maybe the next gen.

On the upside I have been given the okay to go in with some freinds to purchase one or two hundred acres of scrub (looking at locations about an hour out) that we can put a couple of motocross tracks on and use the rest for enduro.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rockethouse said:
From what I can tell the Husky's a better bike than the KTM but in reality unless you're a very experienced rider I don't think it really matters much.

From what I remeber it was valve issues on the 04??? do the searches and you'll find it easy enough.

If I do have to part with the MV it will be sad but not too bad as time goes by very quickly I will soon enough have another...maybe the next gen.

On the upside I have been given the okay to go in with some freinds to purchase one or two hundred acres of scrub (looking at locations about an hour out) that we can put a couple of motocross tracks on and use the rest for enduro.

yeah, i've found some info on the valves. Doesn't seem to affect everyone. I guess I should figure out what people then do to it and try to address it later when I feel mechanically aggressive.

must be nice to have land lying around!!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
yeah, i've found some info on the valves. Doesn't seem to affect everyone. I guess I should figure out what people then do to it and try to address it later when I feel mechanically aggressive.
Sounds the go and if you have trouble and can't find the answer you know what to do...

must be nice to have land lying around!!
:laughing: one of the few things going for us in our state :violin: ...certainly not the economy :nutkick: <= substitute for a shafted smilie.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Cool. You got the 100yrs anniversary livery. Very nice.

As said above watch for the valves tightening beyond spec. The 04's got a lot of warranty replacement heads (most moved to the TC heads IIRC). The factory moved to Dal West valves as a fix if I remember correctly and a few of the large US dealers made their own replacement's as well. Didn't afflict every bike, just watch your valve clearances.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts