MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of searching for a clean example that also fit my budget, I've finally found her. Number 286 and 7k on the clocks.

Having mostly an inline 4 background, I wasn't expecting this bike to feel as different and special as it does. It's impossibly sharp...and I love it.

I find myself sneaking away to the garage to steal looks.

Plans will include an exhaust, a tune, and a functional rear stand! But first and foremost a valve check and the other prominent 7,500 mile service items.

This place was a massive help and a huge wealth of information while I was searching for her. So, thanks for that!

I look forward to contributing, helping where I can, and learning a lot from the rest of you.

Anyway...here are a few pics from when she arrived home at 4am this morning. More to come of course....

Regards,
Seth

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike! It is indeed...although the GTR is not mine. I don't think she minds sharing the space though given the new company.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Congrats on the new Mistress ....very nice :)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on the new Mistress ....very nice :)
Thank you sir. A Mistress indeed.

Welcome Seth. You trade to the MV for good, or still have the R1?
Appreciate the warm welcome Varium. The R1 is a work in progress and a bit special. I don't foresee ever selling either of them. I attached a pic for you.

I like it. A very cool bike.
Thank you. They sure made something magical when they thought these up.

Good things come to those who wait, enjoy :naughty:
That is the truth! I plan on riding her.....a lot!

Very pretty. :)
Thanks! It's one of the few liter bikes that I think has a timeless design. Everything just flows.

Patience is a virtue Seth. Congratulations! :)
Thank you kindly.

Congrats! She looks awesome. There is always a greater appreciation for objects that have been taken care of.
Thank you!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
It's one of the few liter bikes that I think has a timeless design. Everything just flows.
Absolutely agree. Your quite lucky there having a bike that represents such a legendary driver like Aryton. Only 299 other people in the world are so lucky. You know each and every one of those 300 bikes were built with love at the factory.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Appreciate the warm welcome Varium. The R1 is a work in progress and a bit special. I don't foresee ever selling either of them. I attached a pic for you.

Thank you!

Ok, you can't show a pic of that bike without pointing out what that is in the background on the display stand. And about time to get some FGR's up under that beauty to go with that swinger.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, you can't show a pic of that bike without pointing out what that is in the background on the display stand. And about time to get some FGR's up under that beauty to go with that swinger.

I would, but then HRC may send their ninjas to assassinate me in my sleep! Let's leave it at prototype.

The FGR's are nice, but I had a genuine quick change spindle made for the stock lowers. So this will suit for now. If some Bitubo's came along for the right price, I may be swayed though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After test fitting the factory stand that my friend uses on his 1098, it appears that with the larger pin, it works a treat on the MV. I found a gently used one for sale and it arrived today.

Great lifting leverage, rock solid, job done. Now I can get to working on her without the fear of a massive catastrophe happening while using the scary red pretzel stand.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
LOL. Great name for the factory stand.
I'm pretty sure I'd start having nightmares about it if I kept using it.

Anywho, I had some time to do some things on the Senna today.

The first order of business was to remove the silver mesh...especially in the intakes. I completely understand that it's classic MV, but I just don't like the look of it at all. I hate that it hid the beautiful carbon weave of the intake tubes and the red frame.

Removing it from the tail, side panels, and upper was a breeze. Some gentle warm heat from a hair dryer and they pulled right off. Getting the adhesive tape off of the inside of the fairings was a bit of a chore, but nothing a bit of Honda spray couldn't handle.

The intakes were a little scary at first. I had no idea if there was permanent adhesive under the base plates of the mesh.

Luckily there is not! Once you get through the rivets, the rest is a cake walk. I think the end result is massively better. I'm sure it's good for 13.72 BHP once under way as well. (Kidding)

I also removed the yellow school bus reflectors on the front mud guard.

Last up, an oil change. Next up will be waiting for my black seat and radiator brace to arrive from Joe. Then she's off for her first valve service and some new fork seals.

Apologies for her utter filth at the moment. I ran out of sunlight before I had a chance to wash her and detail the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
After test fitting the factory stand that my friend uses on his 1098, it appears that with the larger pin, it works a treat on the MV. I found a gently used one for sale and it arrived today.

Great lifting leverage, rock solid, job done. Now I can get to working on her without the fear of a massive catastrophe happening while using the scary red pretzel stand.
Are you trying to kill Rob?? If he sees a Ducati stand holding up a Senna......:thewife::jsm::bandit::cussing::rant:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very nice! Love the naked carbon in the air intakes. It's simply a shame to hide that. :)
Thanks! Agreed!

Are you trying to kill Rob?? If he sees a Ducati stand holding up a Senna......:thewife::jsm::bandit::cussing::rant:

Who's this Rob fellow? I just got here. Some guy named Joe let me in through the back...

1 - 20 of 103 Posts