MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys here she is. It's pouring outside, so this is the only picture I was able to get of my new (new to me) 2002 F4S. The previous original owner, an avid rider, racer and motorcycle collector took meticulous care of her. Documenting every modification, and performing oil and filter changes every 1K mile (bike has 3K miles).

For those who are wondering, I found the bike on cycletrader.com. It was listed for $12,500 and in Ohio (FYI: I live in NY). I called on the second day of its listing and after speaking with the owner for a few minutes and hearing everything he has done to the bike, I was sold on it. I arranged for the money wire the next day and contacted the good folks over at JC Motors to arrange for the shipment (cost $565). Less than two weeks later (12 days to be exact) from the day I made the initial call about the bike, it arrived at my door in flawless condition. Talk about perfect transaction!

The bike came with a FBF gel seat, FBF front carbon fiber fender, FBF bar risers, Casoli rear hugger, chain & swing arm guard, an OEM MV silk cover, and all the OEM parts that had been replaced. I’ve since installed Clear Alternative front lens as well as the rear LED tail light, an Evoluzione rear plate bracket with mini LED blinkers, and a carbon fiber key guard (thanks to Matty here on the forum). I have an order a set of RG3 pipes and a cat by-pass pipe, which I should be receiving in about a week or so.

All in all, in the 15 or so miles that I have put on the bike, it’s definitely a fun little toy! I’m now shopping around for some braking components to see if I can’t get the factory brakes to bite a little harder. New tires are also in order...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,448 Posts
Very good looking machine you got there DucatiGuy. :) What make are the tyres you have on now? Are you changing cos you don't like them? Or are they wearing badly?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
Nice one! Let us see more pics :naughty:

concerning the breaks: Use Lucas SRQ pads and Castrol SRF fluid (or Lucas GP fluid), then bleed it very carefully. Result: you have a perfect brake :smoking:
 

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
Joined
·
6,135 Posts
DucatiGuy said:
Well guys here she is. It's pouring outside, so this is the only picture I was able to get of my new (new to me) 2002 F4S. The previous original owner, an avid rider, racer and motorcycle collector took meticulous care of her. Documenting every modification, and performing oil and filter changes every 1K mile (bike has 3K miles).

For those who are wondering, I found the bike on cycletrader.com. It was listed for $12,500 and in Ohio (FYI: I live in NY). I called on the second day of its listing and after speaking with the owner for a few minutes and hearing everything he has done to the bike, I was sold on it. I arranged for the money wire the next day and contacted the good folks over at JC Motors to arrange for the shipment (cost $565). Less than two weeks later (12 days to be exact) from the day I made the initial call about the bike, it arrived at my door in flawless condition. Talk about perfect transaction!

The bike came with a FBF gel seat, FBF front carbon fiber fender, FBF bar risers, Casoli rear hugger, chain & swing arm guard, an OEM MV silk cover, and all the OEM parts that had been replaced. I’ve since installed Clear Alternative front lens as well as the rear LED tail light, an Evoluzione rear plate bracket with mini LED blinkers, and a carbon fiber key guard (thanks to Matty here on the forum). I have an order a set of RG3 pipes and a cat by-pass pipe, which I should be receiving in about a week or so.

All in all, in the 15 or so miles that I have put on the bike, it’s definitely a fun little toy! I’m now shopping around for some braking components to see if I can’t get the factory brakes to bite a little harder. New tires are also in order...
Compliments,I like so much silver bike with black weels...



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
DucatiGuy said:
Well guys here she is. It's pouring outside, so this is the only picture I was able to get of my new (new to me) 2002 F4S. The previous original owner, an avid rider, racer and motorcycle collector took meticulous care of her. Documenting every modification, and performing oil and filter changes every 1K mile (bike has 3K miles).

For those who are wondering, I found the bike on cycletrader.com. It was listed for $12,500 and in Ohio (FYI: I live in NY). I called on the second day of its listing and after speaking with the owner for a few minutes and hearing everything he has done to the bike, I was sold on it. I arranged for the money wire the next day and contacted the good folks over at JC Motors to arrange for the shipment (cost $565). Less than two weeks later (12 days to be exact) from the day I made the initial call about the bike, it arrived at my door in flawless condition. Talk about perfect transaction!

The bike came with a FBF gel seat, FBF front carbon fiber fender, FBF bar risers, Casoli rear hugger, chain & swing arm guard, an OEM MV silk cover, and all the OEM parts that had been replaced. I’ve since installed Clear Alternative front lens as well as the rear LED tail light, an Evoluzione rear plate bracket with mini LED blinkers, and a carbon fiber key guard (thanks to Matty here on the forum). I have an order a set of RG3 pipes and a cat by-pass pipe, which I should be receiving in about a week or so.

All in all, in the 15 or so miles that I have put on the bike, it’s definitely a fun little toy! I’m now shopping around for some braking components to see if I can’t get the factory brakes to bite a little harder. New tires are also in order...
Ducati Guy,

Tell me a little about the JC Motors shipping experience? Was it a flat fee? Did you choose the extra insurance? I am in the process of choosing a shipper and they quoted me a good price and I would like to hear your input on any things I should do/know prior to getting the bike shipped to me.

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
Hi, welcome!

Are you sure you have a catalytic converter on your F4 750? looking at the photos, I can see no sign of a cat on link pipe... :confused:

Enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
eMoto UK said:
Hi, welcome!

Are you sure you have a catalytic converter on your F4 750? looking at the photos, I can see no sign of a cat on link pipe... :confused:

Enjoy!
To be quite honest, I don't know? After looking at pics of brutes with the huge cat, I guess I dont have one, but then again I don't know for sure? My earlier Duc's had them in the mid pips (in line), so to the untrained eye, one wouldn't know either. I don't know whats behind the fairing, I havent looked. The bike is just a few days old. Are the cats up in the exhaust? Does the bike even have cats?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rramseyr said:
Ducati Guy,

Tell me a little about the JC Motors shipping experience? Was it a flat fee? Did you choose the extra insurance? I am in the process of choosing a shipper and they quoted me a good price and I would like to hear your input on any things I should do/know prior to getting the bike shipped to me.

Thanks in advance.
This is the second bike I've shipped through JC Motors and both shipments went very smooth and without a glitch. JC Motors is Easy Riders and V-Twin magaiznes official shipper and they have the lowest "incident" rate among ALL bike shippers across the US. They ship thousands a bike a year! If youshop around their price is also very reasonable.

They work hand in hand with North American Van Lines, Specialized Transport Service. These are NOT the same guys that move your furniture around, but rather trained personal who ship and handle special items such as bikes, car, priceless art and so fourth.

They arive at your place with a special designed bike palet. After looking over the bike for any problems, dents, scratches and so fourth (documenting everything) they load the bike up and strap it down using soft tie downs. The bike is then covered with a soft cover, and off it goes (the whole thing is done in like 15-20min). The reciever of the bike gets to keep both the straps and the cover if he or she wants them, but the palet goes back.

I HIGHLY recomend JC Motors! Both shipments I took part in arrived on time, if not early, with NO problems! Their flat fee is just that, one flat fee with no hidden charges. If you call around, you'll see others will advertise a price of lets say $450 wich is low enough to get your attention. When you call, they add a $50 fuel surcharge, $50 palet and strap fee, and so on. Then they give you a timeline. In example, 2-3 weeks for delivery, or for $200 extra they can get it to you in around a week. Don't waste your time with any of those guys!

Trust me and stick with JC's! They'll get the job done no sweat and you'll be a hamper camper with $$$ in your pocket to spare. As for the insurance, JC gives $7000 worth (included in their flat rate price) with no deductable. You can raise the insurance if you like. For every $1000 above the $7K, they charge you $7.

The bike needs to have its fuel drained, for obvious safety reasons. They will NOT take the bikes keys and documents or anything else that is not attached to the bike. That stuff you'll have to have shipped via UPS or FedEx. Last but not least, you just have to be home when they get there. For the pick up, they'll call you at least 24-36 hours in advance, same for the delivery.

Oh and one more thing, you'll be able to track your shipment via their website, which is a huge plus!

I hope this info helps. If you want, when you call JC Motor's, ask for Don. He's a great guy. If you need to contact me or speak with me about JC's regarding any other questions or concerns, drop me a line.

Jonathan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you know how long it took me to set those things up in the yard like that... The wind kept blowing over the Agusta... LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
DucatiGuy said:
This is the second bike I've shipped through JC Motors and both shipments went very smooth and without a glitch. JC Motors is Easy Riders and V-Twin magaiznes official shipper and they have the lowest "incident" rate among ALL bike shippers across the US. They ship thousands a bike a year! If youshop around their price is also very reasonable.

They work hand in hand with North American Van Lines, Specialized Transport Service. These are NOT the same guys that move your furniture around, but rather trained personal who ship and handle special items such as bikes, car, priceless art and so fourth.

They arive at your place with a special designed bike palet. After looking over the bike for any problems, dents, scratches and so fourth (documenting everything) they load the bike up and strap it down using soft tie downs. The bike is then covered with a soft cover, and off it goes (the whole thing is done in like 15-20min). The reciever of the bike gets to keep both the straps and the cover if he or she wants them, but the palet goes back.

I HIGHLY recomend JC Motors! Both shipments I took part in arrived on time, if not early, with NO problems! Their flat fee is just that, one flat fee with no hidden charges. If you call around, you'll see others will advertise a price of lets say $450 wich is low enough to get your attention. When you call, they add a $50 fuel surcharge, $50 palet and strap fee, and so on. Then they give you a timeline. In example, 2-3 weeks for delivery, or for $200 extra they can get it to you in around a week. Don't waste your time with any of those guys!

Trust me and stick with JC's! They'll get the job done no sweat and you'll be a hamper camper with $$$ in your pocket to spare. As for the insurance, JC gives $7000 worth (included in their flat rate price) with no deductable. You can raise the insurance if you like. For every $1000 above the $7K, they charge you $7.

The bike needs to have its fuel drained, for obvious safety reasons. They will NOT take the bikes keys and documents or anything else that is not attached to the bike. That stuff you'll have to have shipped via UPS or FedEx. Last but not least, you just have to be home when they get there. For the pick up, they'll call you at least 24-36 hours in advance, same for the delivery.

Oh and one more thing, you'll be able to track your shipment via their website, which is a huge plus!

I hope this info helps. If you want, when you call JC Motor's, ask for Don. He's a great guy. If you need to contact me or speak with me about JC's regarding any other questions or concerns, drop me a line.

Jonathan

Jonathan,

Great, great, great write up :)

I appreciate it very much. I was impressed with the write up on the website and the tracking as well. It is always nice to have a first hand account.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top