MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a very nice looking 1970 350 Scrambler in Florida

US ebay item 120690472655

And it looks like the same seller has a 1954 175 Disco Volante, the next listing

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
These things (as do the Ducati scramblers) bring decent money in Europe. I really don't get it :confused: But I guess different strokes :)

You have to love the speedo - 180kph now is that optimism or what? -lol

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I have a friend in Melbourne who's bike collection comprises various Italian off road bikes, some which are quite rare. He is looking for MV scrambler, even found one in Australia but the owner doesn't wish to sell. He says he is going to restore it long with a few other bikes he has. They are sitting in a damp garden shed in an area which gets reasonable amounts of rain.

one of his bikes is this 1963 Parilla 250 Wildcat www.philaphoto.com/imageLibrary/thumbnails.php?album=1093

·
Registered
576 Posts
Scramblers are getting more and more sort after because we are all getting older. As the years pass so the handlebars get higher and higher!

I know i can do only a hour or so on a bike with clip-ons before i have to stop.

Scramblers are useless off road but make a great Giro, or similar machine. Think of them as the original BMW GS!

All the best and no doubt talking crap.

Dorian.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Scramblers are getting more and more sort after because we are all getting older. As the years pass so the handlebars get higher and higher!

I know i can do only a hour or so on a bike with clip-ons before i have to stop.

Scramblers are useless off road but make a great Giro, or similar machine. Think of them as the original BMW GS!

All the best and no doubt talking crap.

Dorian.
Gosh Dorian, if you had left out the last sentence, you had almost talked me 'round - what a sales guy! :laughing:

ps - thank you for the tid bit on my 125s Re; origins - the bell mouth intake arrived today & I got your little note on the invoice- I really appreciate it :)

Regards
Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A late note on the pricing; the Disco Volante sold for $17,100, the high bid on the Scrambler was $7,501, but it didn't meet the sellers minimum.

Looks like the seller hoped those older bikers would be more willing to throw some money around.

Malcolm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts