MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the bay area riders forum and came across these pics.. and description

"Gary J. We were there probably 45 min before you. We stopped to ask "how the hell did that happen???"'.

When we were there, there were flares, CHP, and the couple that owned the Mazda, no rider. They said they were heading West on 84, when Moto#1 (not CBR) passed them (across double yellow probably), then Mazda signaled to turn left toward Pescadaro and was making the left when moto#2 (Red CBR) tried to pass them following his friend moto#1.

Next thing you know, CBR is taking a nap on top of the Mazda. Rider was "okay", but sent to hospital. Now the couple was waiting for a tow truck. Sux for the couple in the Mazda, they were heading to a wedding."

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,841 Posts
Some people just never learned how to ride...glad the nitwit on the Honda was OK...too bad the couple in the car were late for the wedding.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
thats impressive, it doesn't really look like the car is damaged, just the rear quarter panel banged in.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I hate when that happens

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
So that is right at the entrance to pescadero? It is weird, the damage is inconsistent with the story. If they were turning left while the rider was approacing from their left rear quarter panel, why is there no damage to the back or left side of the car? I don't see the point of impact.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rob when are we all doing a pescadero ride again? We'll definitely have to make another pit stop at the crazy ladies home again

·
Registered
890 Posts
the only possible explanations for the absence of scratches on the car would be, that the biker applied the front break so hard, that the
rear of the bike lifted up and eventually flipped over --- just to land on the hood of the car.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Rob when are we all doing a pescadero ride again? We'll definitely have to make another pit stop at the crazy ladies home again
We'll have to do it soon. I have been so busy that I haven't had much time to do anything fun. Hopefully the rain is done for the season, I'm feeling like I live in Seattle.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You think this is weird? Ive got a weird one for you.

a few years back some friends and I were riding Topanga Cyn down to Malibu early sunday morning, I was in position 2 with 2 more bikes behind me.

Next thing I know, the guy behind me came up beside be and honked to pull over, I signaled the others and we all went back to the guy all the way at the rear of the pack who had crashed.

We pulled the bike off the road, got him to the side, sat him down and made sure he was ok. When we asked him what happened, he replied, "I dont know, I was following you guys, then all the sudden everything went blank"

puzzled, at first! I then noticed a very strange looking spot on his helmet that couldnt have been damaged from the crash, closer inspection surprised the hell out of me. It was a clear hoof mark, yes I said hoof mark as in a deer......

So from what he could gather, a deer must have jumped from the hill to our right, steped on his head and nocked his lights out.

Hows that for weird.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
You think this is weird? Ive got a weird one for you.

a few years back some friends and I were riding Topanga Cyn down to Malibu early sunday morning, I was in position 2 with 2 more bikes behind me.

Next thing I know, the guy behind me came up beside be and honked to pull over, I signaled the others and we all went back to the guy all the way at the rear of the pack who had crashed.

We pulled the bike off the road, got him to the side, sat him down and made sure he was ok. When we asked him what happened, he replied, "I dont know, I was following you guys, then all the sudden everything went blank"

puzzled, at first! I then noticed a very strange looking spot on his helmet that couldnt have been damaged from the crash, closer inspection surprised the hell out of me. It was a clear hoof mark, yes I said hoof mark as in a deer......

So from what he could gather, a deer must have jumped from the hill to our right, steped on his head and nocked his lights out.

Hows that for weird.
you mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dut1es8KxdU

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
LOL, I once had a deer knock myself and my mt bike down a mountainside; The trail was next to a stream, came around a corner, he had nowhere else to go but over the trail, kicked my front wheel on his way, knocking me about 80 feet down the hill into the trees.

I've hit a few birds with both helmet and body before too, not pleasant in any way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts