MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That's right...an hour a day keeps the doctor away.

Now that spring has returned to the east coast, and daylight savings time has brightened the evenings, it's time to ride. Each nite after rush hour lately, I've been able to do an evening jaunt on Tam 292, and damn, I LOVE IT!

Sure I'm burning gas @ $330/gallon and only getting 25miles/gal, but running this baby in 2nd or 3rd at 7-12K rpm is THE cure for what ails. Each ride is a mission, wary of others, oil and deer BUT with a bit of common sense :) 's arrive just a few seconds behind the pipes in back. On tonights ride thoughts of how much I love this cycle, and getting these thought to you all predominated. Who else listens?; certainly not my wife.

Caio, Peter ( maybe Alvin has an attachment to add)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
you're making me miss my SPR! :cross:

great vids though, once i get her back i'll take her for a spin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
jskipper said:
you're making me miss my SPR! :cross:

great vids though, once i get her back i'll take her for a spin.

Just think he'll be preparing to dream about riding another day on the east coast while you're actually doing it on the west coast. :smoking:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,448 Posts
:) :) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,867 Posts
jskipper said:
you're making me miss my SPR! :cross:

great vids though, once i get her back i'll take her for a spin.
Once you get her back hmmm? :naughty: not if i can change things :naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Odonata,

Let me show you the difference of a MV750 or 1000 in action...to the Tamburini.

are you ready... :drummer: :drummer: :drummer:

, ok here we go.. :later:


did you catch that???

:crazyeyes :crazyeyes :crazyeyes

Peter :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
Reopropf said:
Well Odonata,

Let me show you the difference of a MV750 or 1000 in action...to the Tamburini.

are you ready... :drummer: :drummer: :drummer:

, ok here we go.. :later:


did you catch that???

:crazyeyes :crazyeyes :crazyeyes

Peter :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing:

Seriously though, according to the advertised #s, the Tambo and Senna 1000(or the 1000R) has the same peak HP, actually 173 tambo vs. 174 Senna, but obviously it's not gods words. I am curious how the TSS improves things... both on the track and on the streets.

BTW, have you had a chance to weight the bike(with full tank)? there was a thread regarding weight reductions issues with the F4s... basically people were just curious with all the CF and mag parts how much weight is the Tambo saving over the F41000s...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,007 Posts
Nice write up Pete....and "THE" bike . you have the best bike in the world, period
Is that your driveway you're tuning into in those vids ???

Reopropf said:
Let me show you the difference of a MV750 or 1000 in action...to the Tamburini.QUOTE]
The difference between 2 sportsbikes usually comes down to the individuals operating the controls.... :)
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
Velocemoto said:
The difference between 2 sportsbikes usually comes down to the individuals operating the controls.... :)
I am not sure I understand you... the only difference between the Tamburini F4 and the F4 1000 or Senna 1000 is the subjective perception of the rider?

It is possible that a superior tool would make a difference to an expert but it is also conceivable that it may make an even bigger difference for the novice, or not... in my humble experience.

If there was an opportunity for us to compare them side by side, I certainly would love to try it as I imagine most people here would also, and everyone is different, so the only way to know is to try it for yourself, perhaps one day it would be possible for me to have the opportunity to do that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
Absolutely right, that's the best therapy I know !! And I know a lot of them !

To have a permanent effect, don't forget to continue the treatment untill winter time.

Olive M.D. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,448 Posts
odonata said:
I am not sure I understand you... the only difference between the Tamburini F4 and the F4 1000 or Senna 1000 is the subjective perception of the rider?

It is possible that a superior tool would make a difference to an expert but it is also conceivable that it may make an even bigger difference for the novice, or not... in my humble experience.

If there was an opportunity for us to compare them side by side, I certainly would love to try it as I imagine most people here would also, and everyone is different, so the only way to know is to try it for yourself, perhaps one day it would be possible for me to have the opportunity to do that.

That's a fascinating point Ben. :grin: I truly believe my F4 makes me 'think' I am a better rider than I actually am. I've recently found myself going through corners that I know well, at speeds I wouldn't have imagined, just a few years ago. The F4's fantastic handling and forgiving nature make the art of riding smooth and fast - easy. The down side is (I suppose) that if I do get it wrong, it will be a long stay in hospital or a tailor made wooden box! :eek:
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
john said:
That's a fascinating point Ben. :grin: I truly believe my F4 makes me 'think' I am a better rider than I actually am. I've recently found myself going through corners that I know well, at speeds I wouldn't have imagined, just a few years ago. The F4's fantastic handling and forgiving nature make the art of riding smooth and fast - easy. The down side is (I suppose) that if I do get it wrong, it will be a long stay in hospital or a tailor made wooden box! :eek:
Do you have any tracks in your town? and if I remember it correctly, don't you have some land? maybe build a track for some private riding fun? :naughty:

Just be careful.... :guitarist
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,839 Posts
odonata said:
I would love to ride one... especially next to my future Senna 1000 to see how the TSS changes the tq and hp.
That would be great...

Hopefully there is someone in your area with a Tambo thats keen to give the Senna a try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,448 Posts
odonata said:
Do you have any tracks in your town? and if I remember it correctly, don't you have some land? maybe build a track for some private riding fun? :naughty:

Just be careful.... :guitarist

Cadwell Park is about 60 miles away. I will probably have a track day or two there later in the summer. We have a few abandoned airfields (ex. WWII) but the tarmac is iffy to say the least. My own place is only good for moto cross and I'm getting a bit old for that now, might get a CR or RM250 though next winter just for a bit of fun. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Velocemoto said:
The difference between 2 sportsbikes usually comes down to the individuals operating the controls.... :)
Maybe difference in laptimes, or even riding impression...but not differences in the machine itself. Some are simply superior.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top